Donnie Darko (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Arrow) - £34.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

143544778_4027739017260062_3412368921620493544_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my discs today (on Xbox One S) and the theatrical cut definitely has frame rate issues.. it's quite choppy. I will say though, the film looks less dark than the previous Arrow blu-ray and the new 4K is a noticeably better transfer, although I am watching and comparing on a 100' screen.

100 INCH 4k tv!:dizzy:

Both discs play fine, full 4K HDR, on my Region Free LG UBK90. Haven’t caught up to the part where the audio cuts out yet, watching the theatrical cut now.

Have brightness all the way up on my TV (Samsung QLED) and the movie looks normal... like it has any other time I’ve watched. On par with, or slightly better than the previous Arrow reissue.

update?

Does it play fine or no?

Fellow Ninjas, i need your help? just got the box set today. i switched out the keepcase with the steelbook(stacking disc for now until i can switch the amaray for a two or three disc shell). my question is, do anyone know someone that does magnetic spines for steelbooks? i want to get one with the title having the same color grade as the hardbox?

This came back in stock at zavvi earlier for about an hour. Managed to get an order in with a code. Sold out again now and my order says awaiting dispatch so fingers crossed.
I spoke to zavvi a few weeks back and they said it will be back in stock once they have sorted out the correct discs so I assume that’s all sorted now with Arrow. If not ill
Just hit up the disc replacement request

I think I got this right, people who bought direct from arrow will get the new disc automatically?

Yeah, it literally says 3 posts up, that if you ordered direct through Arrow and your details are the same then you do not need to contact them and they will send you the correct disc automatically. Everyone else needs to fill the form in

apparently you will receive a dispatch email when they send it. They stated mid to end of June. So I assume that’s going to be very soon

Yeah, it literally says 3 posts up, that if you ordered direct through Arrow and your details are the same then you do not need to contact them and they will send you the correct disc automatically. Everyone else needs to fill the form in

apparently you will receive a dispatch email when they send it. They stated mid to end of June. So I assume that’s going to be very soon
I have to admit Arrow are seriously ahead of the game with 4k releases at the time. Only blue underground is matching them. I have no idea why Criterion keep missing the boat....

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Received my copy from Zavvi today. No HDR sticker on the cover, but it soon occurred to me that this most likely is a result of the original packaging being opened and the disc replaced.

So, possibly a way of telling whether you have a defective copy without having to open it and check the disc code. I wanted to make sure so opened mine. All good with new code FCD2113/A/V2.

• Informative
Reactions: Daubt