Donnie Darko (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Arrow Films
Price: £17.99 (Zavvi) - £18.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Region B locked

11566066-1474521391129179.jpg

11566066-9574521391246596.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I too saw the Region Free, but based on past experience, I think Arrow UK used to be region B locked...it would be great if it is region free...

Not sure if this will be region free as it was released in the USA too. It depends if they used the same discs so decided to take the region lock off, or if they produced different discs for the USA and UK.

I know a lot of Arrow releases are locked to region B, so best bet is ask them. Arrow's website does list as region B though...

Also, Zavvi's listing says 1 disc, Arrow's release is 2 discs, so either they're skimping and only including the first disc, or they're crap at listing product details.

However... Arrow's listing says:
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both cuts
Zavvi's says:
  • Brand-new 4K restoration from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster.
So, Zavvi's doesn't list both cuts, so probably 1 disc.

Not sure if this will be region free as it was released in the USA too. It depends if they used the same discs so decided to take the region lock off, or if they produced different discs for the USA and UK.

I know a lot of Arrow releases are locked to region B, so best bet is ask them. Arrow's website does list as region B though...

Also, Zavvi's listing says 1 disc, Arrow's release is 2 discs, so either they're skimping and only including the first disc, or they're crap at listing product details.

However... Arrow's listing says:
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both cuts
Zavvi's says:
  • Brand-new 4K restoration from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster.
So, Zavvi's doesn't list both cuts, so probably 1 disc.

It's annoying if they're not including both discs, not that I'd ever choose to watch the Director's Cut over the theatrical though

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl

I too saw the Region Free, but based on past experience, I think Arrow UK used to be region B locked...it would be great if it is region free...

I've just checked the theatrical disc and director's cut discs from the UK limited edition and both are region B locked. The message "This BD is not compatible with your player's region code" is displayed when I set it to region A (which I confirmed was A with a US Criterion disc).

They could well take the lock off, as the US release of the limited was announced later than the UK as they weren't sure if it was going ahead. However I assume this would mean manufacturing new discs. Would they bother to do that? Seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: davhyl and Brett_S
Thats a bugger clocks went backin uk, being overseas this makes buying this a little more akward,i wonder if still available in morning.

I know i have a pre order there but would prefer to get from here. It be like 2am in morning for me lol not worth staying up for. And bit of a bugger if future popular steels are up live at 6pm as it becomes 2am for me from now on.
Wonder why they don't do them earlier or mid day.
Because in the UK most people finish work around 5pm and would be home for 6pm.