Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4 Discs Limited Edition

10778_tn.jpg

Last edited:
New 4K scan remaster

Note this is likely to include CD soundtrack and booklet and artcards (TBC)

Extras TBA

Likely to be 3 disc or 4 disc release TBC

Reactions: goufcustom
4 Discs release limited edition

The first ever 4K restoration of DON'T LOOK NOW which was Nicolas Roeg's finest film and, arguably, one of the best British films ever made. Starring Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie, this is a brilliant adaptation of a Daphne Du Maurier short story. On a cold, bright autumn day in Suffolk, England, a little girl in a red mackintosh drowns in a pond - the daughter of John and Laura Baxter. Trying to recover from the tragedy, the couple arrive in Venice, Italy, where John has been commissioned to restore a church. In the eerie atmosphere of the lagoon city in winter, they encounter two strange sisters. Laura is suddenly released from her grief when one of them, a blind psychic, tells her that she is in contact with her dead daughter. Angered and skeptical, John carries on with his work, but witnesses an unsettling vision of his own: a little girl in a red mackintosh disappearing into the Venetian alleys.
As Venice and his fate closes in on John, illusion, reality and sudden terror spiral the story to its grotesque climax, as the design in director Nicolas Roeg's mosaic becomes unforgettably clear.

4 disc Collector's Edition
UHD Disc (Film)
Blu-ray (Film)
Blu-ray bonus disc with brand new extras
Original haunting Pino Donaggio CD soundtrack.

5 artcards
New theatrical poster
Booklet with essays and original articles.
The packaging has a had a new illustration commissioned for the recent theatrical and home entertainment release.

For the 2019 restoration of DON'T LOOK NOW, STUDIOCANAL went back to the original camera negative which was scanned at 4K resolution in 16bit and created the following: 4K DCP, UHD version and a new HD version which were produced with the same high technological standards as today's biggest international film releases. The restoration and new UHD version was colour graded and approved in London by the BAFTA Award-winning cinematographer, Anthony B Richmond.
Extras:
  • Pass the Warning: Taking A Look Back at Nic Roeg's Masterpiece
  • A kaleidoscope of meaning: colour in Don't Look Now
  • 4k Restoration featurette
  • Audio Commentary with Nic Roeg
  • Death in Venice: Interview with Pino Donaggio
  • Interview with Donald Sutherland
  • Interview with Allan Scott
  • Interview with Tony Richmond
  • Interview with Danny Boyle
  • Don't Look Now: Looking Back
  • Behind the scenes stills gallery

HMV on-line store is Back

HMV are only taking Pre Orders for now for select releases with release dates from July

To gain access to your HMV on-line account you will need to reset your HMV account password

Website is still under development but you should see ability to order back catalog and in stock releases in coming months

For now though you can do some Pre Orders only

UK shipping only

£29.99
https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/don-t-look-now

Store HMV
https://store.hmv.com/

Reactions: Futurhythm
HMV on-line store is Back

HMV are only taking Pre Orders for now for select releases with release dates from July

To gain access to your HMV on-line account you will need to reset your HMV account password

Website is still under development but you should see ability to order back catalog and in stock releases in coming months

For now though you can do some Pre Orders only

UK shipping only

£29.99
https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/don-t-look-now

Store HMV
https://store.hmv.com/
I've been waiting for this for so long. Hopefully their packaging hasn't changed.

Being in Australia, the only place I can buy UK releases (not from a boutique label) now is Zavvi, and you just can't trust them with collector's editions. I could get Amazon orders forwarded, but they're hit and miss and too. HMV have always been perfect for me even though the forwarding costs are so expensive.

I can actually buy this now! :LOL:

Might be worth a separate thread but this is now available state side at Amazon for the unbeatable price of $71.99. :LOL: Should go down in price closer to its August 9th release date. No info yet on a SteelBook.

EDIT: Gave it a second look and it is an import, so it should be the same exact release.

Might be worth a separate thread but this is now available state side at Amazon for the unbeatable price of $71.99. :LOL: Should go down in price closer to its August 9th release date. No info yet on a SteelBook.

EDIT: Gave it a second look and it is an import, so it should be the same exact release.
Yes it's just UK import listing showing up on Amazon USA
Price will remain high
Same happens on Amazon UK you get USA releases appear on Amazon UK using amazon USA global store

Reactions: monanza
is it possible that is fully sold out already?
Yes it's sold out
This happens often with StudioCanal limited editions
It's best to pre order straight away and not wait
A lot sell out before or just after release date

You can still get the 4K steelbook or standard Blu-ray edition

got the steel but also wanted this one :("
@Tompa

Amazon USA
Third party seller fulfilled by Amazon
$63.80

Might include import fee deposit as you are based in Croatia

Sorry to hear that mate... I was stupid for waiting after it was released and then almost purchased the expensive one yesterday. It was pure luck for me going to Amazon and check.
Next time I wont play with these Studio Canal 4 discs collectors editions preorders

I'm well to late my chance to get one and gone probably not he back up again.