Price: £29.99

13924429-4854975259821908.jpg

13924429-1234975260000837.jpg
13924429-1294975260077883.jpg
13924429-1084975260175758.jpg
13924429-2074975260126876.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get this

I think the James Bond films have some fantastic old school posters, all of them which would look amazing on a Bond steelbook collection, yet they pick the worst artwork for this

Hell, the artwork they should have used is on the poster bundled with it

Instant Pass, try again Zavvi

Reactions: Punker76
You would actually think when this garbage doesn't tell especially the pop art that Zavvi loves shoving on people they would get the message.
Zavvi just sells them, as well you know. I'd be amazed if it doesn't turn up in other countries.

Besides, didn't all the other ones that used credit shots sell out?

I get so sick of the Zavvi-bashing on this forum when it comes to steelbook designs, 99.9% of which they have absolutely nothing to do with. At least the recent Jaws steelbooks used poster art. Can't give Zavvi credit either as that was down to Universal.

IMO, pretty much all Titans of Cult designs have been atrocious, most Sony PopArt steels are rubbish and Fox's similar attempts just as bad. Most of Disney's output is sorely lacking and a lot of WB designs and finishes leave a lot to be desired.

Only Arrow and (back in the day) Eureka! provide consistently good designs.

Zavvi just sells them, as well you know. I'd be amazed if it doesn't turn up in other countries.

Besides, didn't all the other ones that used credit shots sell out?

I get so sick of the Zavvi-bashing on this forum when it comes to steelbook designs, 99.9% of which they have absolutely nothing to do with. At least the recent Jaws steelbooks used poster art. Can't give Zavvi credit either as that was down to Universal.

IMO, pretty much all Titans of Cult designs have been atrocious, most Sony PopArt steels are rubbish and Fox's similar attempts just as bad. Most of Disney's output is sorely lacking and a lot of WB designs and finishes leave a lot to be desired.

Only Arrow and (back in the day) Eureka! provide consistently good designs.
Glad I'm not the only one who hates the Titans of Cult releases. I just stick to standard releases of the film unless the steelbook is actually good. Which is rare these days.

WB shop link added to OP

Based on personal experience, this is literally the only thing the licensing team would approve these days. Try and do something cool and interesting and it gets rejected.

At least they're using designs from the credit sequences, so it does allow for a variation in each design. They're still consistent in their design, despite the aforementioned variations.

It would be like doing a grey and black striped steelbook for Psycho using Saul Bass' title design. Not really my cup of tea, but appropriate for the movie as much as Janet Leigh in the shower or the iconic Bates house

Where is Paul actually stating that the title has changed since the first laser disc release from "Dr. No" to "James Bonland 007: Dr. No" and should only be addressed as such?!

I really don't get this

I think the James Bond films have some fantastic old school posters, all of them which would look amazing on a Bond steelbook collection, yet they pick the worst artwork for this

Hell, the artwork they should have used is on the poster bundled with it

Instant Pass, try again Zavvi
Agree, you'd expect these to all have great art, with expectation that at least one swapped out for something terrible. e.g., Empire Strikes Back.

Would have been the main talking point instead of red dots...