Jul 22, 2010
Paris - France
Release date: 28th January 2013
Price: £12.99

Pre-order: Play.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A6UH9DU/?tag=hidefnin-21

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawrence of Arabia is coming out this week in North America and now a Dr Zhivago steelbook in the new year. David Lean would be proud indeed!

got mine yesterday, along with the other steelbooks of this wave. very disappointed with the way this came out. the letters "doctor zhivago" on the front cover look super crappy, almost like on a cheap bootleg release. seems like they used a low res image for that.

the treasure of the sierra madre front cover doesn't look perfect either but is okay at the end of the day. this doesn't. total dealbreaker. will return it and get the amaray instead.

I heard a complaint from the ToTSM thread about the font looking hazzy. Is this not intentional, giving them a more retro feel? That's my opinion anyways...

No, I wouldn't say it's intentional at all. If you look at this picture of the original movie poster...

http://leanerbythelake.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Poster-Doctor-Zhivago_02.jpeg

...you can see that the logo/lettering "Doctor Zhivago" is actually pretty crisp and sharp. With the steelbook, they must have taken a bad scan or something. And even if they didn't have the original movie poster in their posession (which is very unlikely), they could have "re-built" this logo. Easy job for a professional designer. This is a major mistake. Honestly the worst steelbook I have seen so far (in terms of quality, not art).

Like I said before, the "Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" cover art isn't perfect either. The image of the actors looks a lot blurrier than on the original movie posters, but it's not a major thing as with "DZ".

Last edited:
Reactions: bgmat58
Point taken!

I still really like this entire wave. I will replace my digibook with this at some point. :D