Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966) (Limited Coffin Edition) [Germany)

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: October, 2020
Purchase link: BMV media
Price: €129.99
Notes: Limited to 666 copies
Mediabook-Shop_Blut-Dracula_SargEdition01.jpg

Notes: Exact release date TBC
Extras so far announced listed below, again, TBC

Bonus features
  • 2 discs: 1x Studio-Canal-Master variant & the new HD master from Shout Factory drawn from the 4K scanning
  • Coffin replica + drape (fabric) and a pillow miniature (resin)
  • The dimensions are 255 x 180 x 140 mm & approx. 2kg
  • The replica includes a compartment for the media book (Cover D)
  • Back to Black: The Making of Dracula Prince of Darkness
  • Audio commentary with Christopher Lee; Barbara Shelley; Francis Matthews and Susan Farmer
  • "Behind the Scenes" home movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it the one with the necklace? Was horrible too !

Yep and the reason I say it won't sell out is because the Dracula one was and still is the most complete copy to get with the extra footage Dracula dying. It has a few more seconds than even the UK blu-ray. All you are getting here is the Shout factory and Studio Canal one in one package For Dracula Prince of Darkness. I do think they missed a trick here. I would have put in a 4k disc as a Hammer 1st. The 4k scan has been done by Shout, it would not have taken much work to get it ready for a 4k pressing.

Apparently it's selling very well. 60% already snapped up. I'll be buying plus the standard media book simply because it's one of my favourite films and you get both versions in the set. The Studio Canal version and the Shout factory copy.
Shame we're not going to get a 4k copy. That would have been the icing on the cake.

Amazon price is now €136.99

I will be passing on this release as I already have both Studiocanal and Scream Factory Blu-ray releases

There is nothing new in this release in terms of disc contents that's not already available.

If price dropped to €50 I would consider purchasing

If you take away the replica coffin there is nothing new in this release

You can get the mediabook on it's own if you dont need the replica coffin

Note
Scream Factory release already has both UK and US cuts of the film and has better disc extras than this release

Last edited:
I will be passing on this release as I already have both Studiocanal and Scream Factory Blu-ray releases

There is nothing new in this release in terms of disc contents that's not already available.

If price dropped to €50 I would consider purchasing

If you take away the replica coffin there is nothing new in this release

You can get the mediabook on it's own if you dont need the replica coffin

Note
Scream Factory release already has both UK and US cuts of the film and has better disc extras than this release

AS I said this is one of my favourite films so I like to pick up the various versions of it. I have the Studio Canal, the steelbook, the Shout factory version and few other versions on blu-ray and my laserdisc copy (where the running commentary 1st appeared) so this will be just another variant (expensive one) to add to it. If only someone would do a 4k pressing that would be awesome.... Same way I know a few Terminator fans pick up all the various editions.