• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberef

Time Travel Ninja
Premium Supporter
Oct 11, 2011
Sweden
Hopefully we will get a Dredd steelbook :)

Meanwhile, enjoy some concept art and vote :p :D

Ezt8ll.jpg

First time post, but found what looks like a Dredd steelbook on Amazon fr the other day - can't post link unfortunately due to forum rules.

First, welcome to the forums and I hope you continue to visit here! :cool:

Unfortunately its not a steelbook, its a metal tin of some kind. Its supposed to be a bit larger in size as its supposed to have a digipack inside.

Having said that, I would double dip on this movie if a real steelbook edition was printed. :oohyeah:

It's face-palmingly unbelievable that this hasn't had a steelbook and the concept art here is excellent.

Only want 2D myself, though.

That would be really cool :)

I think the studio/distributor behind Dredd has never released a steelbook?

I think its Lionsgate and they have released some nice steels. This thread has gotten too much attention and someone need to do something about it! With the way Ninjas are buying up blufans exclusives (100 + copies in 2 mins.EEK!), The buzz this would get worldwide as the 1st HDN Exclusive would be monumental IMO. I say lets try to make it happen.

The French tin is actually really nice, it is a bit on the large side though! Still worth picking up if you are waiting for a steelbook release though.:)

Yeah I really love the pics people have been posting of it. I absolutely loved the movie too so Ill no doubt be picking it up soon haha
I can justify it to myself that it's not a steelbook so I'm not double dipping if one comes out later on haha

It's frustrating. Dredd being a UK comic, it deserved a nice premium release of some sort here.

Nice steel-book, or even a digi-book would have worked with the Ma-ma origins comic therein.

The single-disc amaray looks poor compared to that French release. EIV are the laziest distributors ever.

I voted yes as this was an awesome film but let's not forget the reason it probably didn't get loads of limited editions of any sorts, the film is considered a flop as it didn't make back the money spent on it at the box office...admittedly it seems to have gotten a lot more attention since being available on bluray/DVD but by then it's too late...I think due to this home release attention there's hope somewhere down the line...

It's annoying as I missed it at the cinema because I saw the trailer and was interested but didn't realise it was out and then it was gone very quickly...

It's frustrating. Dredd being a UK comic, it deserved a nice premium release of some sort here.

Nice steel-book, or even a digi-book would have worked with the Ma-ma origins comic therein.

The single-disc amaray looks poor compared to that French release. EIV are the laziest distributors ever.

Even a nice slipcover would have been good.

^ Australia are getting what looks like a nice limited edition slipcover from the images up on websites but don't know if it's officially a slipcover.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dredd.jpg
    dredd.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CaptainCoffee
May not be a steelbook but the french tin and digipack is a really nice package and the french pq is the best anyway so its a win win, well worth picking one up from amazon.fr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.