Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 6, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £54.99
Notes: UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B locked
Drive_ExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

FOJlmfSXMAU1SdB.jpg FOJpJAUXwAQNMK2.jpg FOJl50OXsAIyLBr.jpg FOJl0jRXIAk47gT.jpg 275568898_2381321562002263_3343378778649380361_n.jpg
Special Features

• A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
  • Includes UHD and Blu-ray both with main feature and bonus features
  • New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR graded by the film’s original colourist
  • Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
  • Drive: a 70 minutes conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
  • Cutting a Getaway - a new interview with Mat Newman
  • 3 Point Turns – a new video essay by Leigh Singer
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Premium box set packaging with new artwork by AllCity
  • 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos
  • The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity
  • 7 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4146

Certificate: 18

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just going to be disappointing flat, matte cardboard right?

Its not like Secondsight give their editions any special finishes on the card or anything.

This is just going to be disappointing flat, matte cardboard right?

Its not like Secondsight give their editions any special finishes on the card or anything.

Yeah. Look at the pics. It looks so disappointing. And the movie is bad. So what's the point ? Rather have few coasters and such right ? Why fu....g complain when we have pretty cool release in our hands. AND there are myriad of same film already released in premium. Like from Manta. Why not enjoy ? Jeez !

Yeah. Look at the pics. It looks so disappointing. And the movie is bad. So what's the point ? Rather have few coasters and such right ? Why fu....g complain when we have pretty cool release in our hands. AND there are myriad of same film already released in premium. Like from Manta. Why not enjoy ? Jeez !
Huh?

If you want to pay £55 for any old sh1te that's your perogative....

Huh?

If you want to pay £55 for any old sh1te that's your perogative....

With embossed something that would not be "any old sh1te" ?

Have you actually checked the specs ? SS IS actually providing _hell of a lot_ new stuff with this release, but as it's not bling-bling and you must be able to read it's not for you - I guess. Hmmm ....

(Again) Jeez !

:rofl:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
With embossed something that would not be "any old sh1te" ?

Have you actually checked the specs ? SS IS actually providing _hell of a lot_ new stuff with this release, but as it's not bling-bling and you must be able to read it's not for you - I guess. Hmmm ....

(Again) Jeez !

:rofl:
Considering the 4K on its own is £25 I personally don't think the extras (which are primarily cardboard) on offer here aren't worth an extra £30....

But that's just me. Jeez!

Considering the 4K on its own is £25 I personally don't think the extras (which are primarily cardboard) on offer here are worth an extra £30....

Jeez!
  1. New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw​
  2. 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos​
  3. The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity​

equals cardboard ?

Oh wait, will this just be the bigger box release? I thought I understood it that there will also be the normal box sized editions but I think I might of got that wrong now. Seeing as there’s only links for the box set and standard blu Ray and 4K

Maybe I will go for this edition then. I’ll have a little wait to see if it pops anywhere else first

1. New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw​
  2. 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos​
  3. The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity​

equals cardboard ?
The new commentary is also on the standard 4K release, so not an exclusive to the larger set.
The Drive novel can be bought for 8.99 currently, I paid €5 for it when the movie came out. (And it’s only 158 pages long.)
So 24.99 for the standard UHD, 8.99 for the novel. Meaning the 240 page pictures & essays book is costing £20 on its own.

I’m all for these bigger editions when they’re warranted (and I’ll be buying this because I love Drive) but this is vastly overpriced, especially when you look at how it stacks up to The Witch set. There’s not even a second cut of the movie exclusive to the bigger set, even a black & white cut.

I’m torn on this one. The special edition will probably be great since Second Sight puts out good stuff. But I already have the Manta steelbook and not sure I want to spend the money on another bigger box edition that takes up space on my shelf. Maybe I’ll just get the regular version and stick the disc in my steelbook.

So just to confirm. Will this release only be the bigger box set or will there be a smaller hard slip case like their other releases?

I do really like the art on this. Looks lovely but I’d rather something a bit smaller I suppose

The new commentary is also on the standard 4K release, so not an exclusive to the larger set.
The Drive novel can be bought for 8.99 currently, I paid €5 for it when the movie came out. (And it’s only 158 pages long.)
So 24.99 for the standard UHD, 8.99 for the novel. Meaning the 240 page pictures & essays book is costing £20 on its own.

I’m all for these bigger editions when they’re warranted (and I’ll be buying this because I love Drive) but this is vastly overpriced, especially when you look at how it stacks up to The Witch set. There’s not even a second cut of the movie exclusive to the bigger set, even a black & white cut.

Here in Finland you cannot get the novel for that price. But I get you. I appreciate the work etc. they put in this.

Aaaaand no one is forced to buy. I feel like it's my money's worth so ...

Cheers ! :thumbs: