Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nowhere near as a bad as some people are making it out to be. The full slip is great, very different and I love the effect. Single lenti is probably my least favourite but it’s not awful. Double lenti is great, I love that the whole image is across the front and back.
Not to mention the one click is pretty impressive, it’ll be really interesting to see that in hand.

Steelbook itself is beautiful and special as it’s from Rory.

I think it’s really cool they have used each font for each edition also.

You’ll see, everyone moaning, when they see in hand photos they’ll be ‘awww okay it’s actually really nice’

-OC box Sleeve jacket is really cool.
-OC box not feeling it.
-Full slip looks pretty cool we'll see how its gonna be in hand
-Both lenti's are not very good, I am really curious what the lenti effect is gonna be.
And I hope it's not gonna be another blurry lenti release!

I assume this is the definitive version they are gonna release??

The lentis might be bad, but that fullslip design keeps growing on me more. I think it'll be amazing with the right finish, and theast few fullslips from Manta were very good so I have no doubts about them getting it right.

Really hope I can find an empty OC box on the aftermarket sometime.

The back of the steelbook looks cool. After that excellent steel artwork I really didn’t think they’d butcher the slips that badly. I was expecting more unique, even with the extras.

I’m even going off the full slip now. Maybe the scorpion jacket should of been a slip. I appreciate what they’re going for with the one click but the lentis are so boring and the FS is so over the top it’s just failed imo.
they’ve tried to go classy like plain archive would and they kinda missed the trick. The double lenti is going to be so pointless in hand. I’ve learned my lesson with art like that used on lentis (back of the shape of water dl and the whole joker dl, both manta too which says a lot)

Maybe more impressive in hand but it’s too risky. Maybe the arts will grow on me but I highly doubt it. I was considering a one click when it was all hype but f**k me that’s good money saved

Now watch people who like it (Or like anything drive) have the ump that the guys who think it’s nothing special having an opinion.

The back of the steelbook looks cool. After that excellent steel artwork I really didn’t think they’d butcher the slips that badly. I was expecting more unique, even with the extras.

I’m even going off the full slip now. Maybe the scorpion jacket should of been a slip. I appreciate what they’re going for with the one click but the lentis are so boring and the FS is so over the top it’s just failed imo.
they’ve tried to go classy like plain archive would and they kinda missed the trick. The double lenti is going to be so pointless in hand. I’ve learned my lesson with art like that used on lentis (back of the shape of water dl and the whole joker dl, both manta too which says a lot)

Maybe more impressive in hand but it’s too risky. Maybe the arts will grow on me but I highly doubt it. I was considering a one click when it was all hype but f**k me that’s good money saved

Now watch people who like it (Or like anything drive) have the ump that the guys who think it’s nothing special having an opinion.
Yep, while I like the fullslip, Im still sad that they only got access to the rory Kurts mondo poster. Fullslips with mondo art would've been amazing.

Some people’s constant negativity makes coming on here unbearable sometimes.
So we're supposed to be ecstatic about a slip that has car dashboards with out of focus roads? Nothing wrong with expecting something better from a company like this. We're paying lots and lots of money for some movie packaging, so it's pretty justified if people expect that packaging to be great.

Some people’s constant negativity makes coming on here unbearable sometimes.

Mate seriously?
so if we don’t like something we were looking forward to then we can’t comment on the disappointment? I f**king love manta and this has been hyped the t!ts off this release and it’s let a lot of us down. Don’t make me laugh just because you like it that others can’t say other wise. Jesus

no ones attacked the people for liking it, just stated what they don’t like about it. If you like it, great, enjoy!

Must admit, I think my undying love for Drive blinds me to things such as this at times... I like the overall package, but deep down I know the slips aren't the best. They have their pros and cons (love how different they all are from each other, but then there are small design choices that I just find odd), but then so do most releases nowadays IMO... can't remember the last time I thought a premium was absolutely perfect. However, Manta's stuff always looks sooooo much better in hand and I end up being pleasantly surprised. :D