Mad Duck Posters Drive by Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz)

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
We are thrilled to release new Officially Licensed Drive posters by one of our favorite artists, Gabz / Grzegorz Domaradzki!

Gabz had the following to say about the movie and his art for the poster:

“Drive remains my favorite Nicholas Winding Refn film to date (not just because of the incredible music score) and I was super excited for the opportunity to create a licensed poster for it.

I came up with 3 different color versions: neon-like Regular, sunset inspired English Variant (to be screen printed on Gold Foil!) and last but not least a true treat for all the people who like Japanese lettering like myself - the Samurai Variant with popping red colors and types to be printed with metallic gold ink. Each composition is character heavy with a very limited color palette and a focus on not just the movie’s general mood but also hinting the bloodiness and the thrill of the chase."

Poster details:

1.jpg
Regular Edition, 24x36 screen print, Run of 300, $75

2.jpg
Samurai Variant, 24x36 screen print, Metallic Gold Ink, Run of 150, $95

3.jpg
Sunset Variant, 24x36 screen print on Gold Foil, Run of 100, $150

To read a bit more about the Samurai connection with the movie, check out
Nicolas Winding Refn’s Drive: Cinema’s Postmodern Samurai

Posters go on sale Wednesday, December 7th at 12PM ET HERE!

whats the point in creating these threads after the posters have sold out?
Sorry, I'm mostly a one man show here in the poster section, sometimes I'm just behind a bit in posting with my normal day job. I try to mostly post threads before the release, though I think most people should also sign up for the various company newsletters.

I make threads even after some versions are sold out for a few reasons.
1. So people become aware of the different poster companies out there and who they are working with, giving them a bit of exposure and informing others who are not aware or are just entering the poster scene
2. Gives some exposure to the artist and their work.
3. Allows people to discuss the release even if it is sold out

Happy for anyone to help out this section by posting threads before release if they don't see a thread created by me!

I believe the Samurai variant was not sold out when I posted

Sorry, I'm mostly a one man show here in the poster section, sometimes I'm just behind a bit in posting with my normal day job. I try to mostly post threads before the release, though I think most people should also sign up for the various company newsletters.

I make threads even after some versions are sold out for a few reasons.
1. So people become aware of the different poster companies out there and who they are working with, giving them a bit of exposure and informing others who are not aware or are just entering the poster scene
2. Gives some exposure to the artist and their work.
3. Allows people to discuss the release even if it is sold out

Happy for anyone to help out this section by posting threads before release if they don't see a thread created by me!

I believe the Samurai variant was not sold out when I posted
yeah, no worries and thanks for all the work put into this forum.. maybe i was just a little bitter i missed out on the sunset variant ;)

yeah, no worries and thanks for all the work put into this forum.. maybe i was just a little bitter i missed out on the sunset variant ;)

I am sure Gabz may have some AP copies so definitely follow him or his FB Fans group. You could also try reaching out to Mad Duck and see if there were any bot cancellations

• Helpful Post
Reactions: hatredhorror
just ebayd the gold foil variant, after contacting gabz directly and being told that the edition oversold and the APs will be first sold to those who had their order canceled