Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on May 28, at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £44.99 (Deluxe Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)

ezgif-5-bb94a1a7bc23.jpg ezgif-5-2a6e9040e7ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Zavvi doesn't make the deliveries. That would be your postal services or courier holding it up.
I've had no other holdups on anything I've ordered from anywhere else except Zavvi for over a year. When they're the only ones who I keep getting problems with it kinda points to them being the problem.

I finally got the "pieces" together and did my own "Deluxe Edition", I just liked the art on the slip...
View attachment 516146View attachment 516147View attachment 516148

Goes along nice together I think. Now I'm just not sure what to do with the discs, if I leave the discs in the steel as they are or swap at least the two with the others ones...
View attachment 516149

Anyway... My quest for custom-made Arrow steelbook Deluxe Editions continues... :cigar:
Thats exactly what im doing

Reactions: BatOutOfHell
Thats exactly what im doing
Great! Usually I try to add steelbooks to Arrow Limited Editions that otherwise only come with Amarays - but in the case of Dune the "actual" Deluxe Edition by Arrow was just too unimaginative a combination in terms of cover art. And I can live without the art book (although I'll probably get that, or a version of it, in the Koch Ultimate Edition).

Next up is Donnie Darko 4k, but that's gonna be a tough one...

Has anyone from Canada received theirs yet? I ordered the deluxe edition and my order was shipped on Sept. 1. Estimated delivery of Sept. 15 has come and gone. Unfortunately without a tracking number I have no way of knowing where the package might be.

I personally like limited edition art better and don't feel forced to buy that edition. And I don't. I buy edition has the most amount stuff.
I'm the same, if I genuinely like the film I'll bite. In this case I didn't. No interest in the 1984 Dune so money saved as far as I'm concerned.

I finally got the "pieces" together and did my own "Deluxe Edition", I just liked the art on the slip...
View attachment 516146View attachment 516147View attachment 516148

Goes along nice together I think. Now I'm just not sure what to do with the discs, if I leave the discs in the steel as they are or swap at least the two with the others ones...
View attachment 516149

Anyway... My quest for custom-made Arrow steelbook Deluxe Editions continues... :cigar:
I've just done something similar myself, Arrow UK amaray limited edition + Koch DE steelbook. Make a near perfect pairing in my opinion :drool:

20211021_154715_resized_1.jpg20211021_154231_resized_1.jpg20211021_154828_resized_1.jpg20211021_154315_resized_1.jpg20211021_155417_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: samdavies
That's really good! I just wish that slip was the one that came with the art book and all the other stuff from the deluxe steelbook set.
That slip comes with all the extras from the deluxe set, except the 2nd art book (well, and obviously the steelbook lol). It's got the booklet, art cards and a poster.

I've just done something similar myself, Arrow UK amaray limited edition + Koch DE steelbook. Make a near perfect pairing in my opinion

View attachment 519778View attachment 519779View attachment 519780View attachment 519781View attachment 519782
Great match indeed! I have the Ultimate Edition from Koch coming. Also thought about getting the Koch Steel, but still unsure. Being in Germany it's quite inexpensive. But... how many versions of a film I don't really like that much do I need?!

Reactions: samdavies