Mar 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Release date: January 11, 2022
Purchase links: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Dune_4K.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
any explanation how so many people didnt receive their disks?

Probably just a batch of steelbooks didn't get the discs inserted at whatever location that it's supposed to occur before they were sealed up. Simple mistake.

No big mystery and no company (manufacturer, distributor, Best Buy) is ever going to release a statement about it because it's none of our business.

So, this steelbook has satin finish with spot gloss on title right? Compared to the Europe streaky matte crap?

Andy @apsmith21 any chance the GB would be restocked? :ohno::angel:

From BD Forum
Warner Brothers in regards to Best Buy steelbook
All copies in stores have been recalled and will be re-released in the future with a new UPC. They claimed that they recalled "all inventory" that was sent out to Best Buy.

This was due to lot of best buy stock missing discs or digital copies

So the steelbook will be back at some stage with Best Buy once they get issued with the re-release

Reactions: Hereticz and ash333
From BD Forum
Warner Brothers in regards to Best Buy steelbook
All copies in stores have been recalled and will be re-released in the future with a new UPC. They claimed that they recalled "all inventory" that was sent out to Best Buy.

This was due to lot of best buy stock missing discs or digital copies

So the steelbook will be back at some stage with Best Buy once they get issued with the re-release
so for anyone with a sealed copy that has disks, your copy is going to be worth even more (I assume).

so for anyone with a sealed copy that has disks, your copy is going to be worth even more (I assume).
:rofl::LOL:

It's a steelbook not a rare stamp

Warner are replacing all inventory of the steelbook that was sent out to Best Buy as in all of the print run
It's not sold out
It will be back available to order when best buy receive the replacement stock

The only difference will be the jcard having different UPC number and not be missing the discs and digital code

Last edited:

Warner are replacing all inventory of the steelbook that was sent out to Best Buy as in all of the print run
It's not sold out

The only difference will be the jcard having different UPC number and not be missing the discs and digital code
So they say….pretty sure the first edition was also suppose to have discs and a code and we see how that worked out :rofl:

All of it is very strange. There were so many of them sold on ebay, and I’m sure thousands of them are in hands.
Damn, what was the intended print run, 50k?:)

All of it is very strange. There were so many of them sold on ebay, and I’m sure thousands of them are in hands.
Damn, what was the intended print run, 50k?:)

Could be pretty large. Remember the more they print the cheaper it is to produce.

I'm not sure of recent numbers but I do know that the Scarface steelbook issued a long while back and was Amazon was a 100k print run.

Reactions: Maksym

It's not sold out

I understand that, but those things often matter in the collectible space. Maybe it doesn't with steelbooks (I'm def not an expert on this space), but generally, rarity matters (not that I'd spend extra for a UPC, but I imagine some will, especially if sealed copies with disks are rare). Time will tell if that's a thing or not. Guess we'll find out in a year or 2.

So you’re saying if I get this steel from Europe it will have a worse finish right? I want the 3d disc and it’s hard to find this version

So you’re saying if I get this steel from Europe it will have a worse finish right?
So far I haven't seen a confirmed source that states the European release has an inferior matte finish to the US matte one, nor have I seen a one to one comparison.