Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: January 26, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - FNAC
Price: €89.99 (Box Set) - €34.99 (SteelBook)
Note: Box includes a SteelBook + booklet + lithograph + OST CD

Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg
Dune-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-3.jpg
Dune-Coffret-Edition-Speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
€ 89,99, yikes.
I don't like the Tenet-style steel, I hate Hans Zimmer and I don't do pocket books - so this one's definitely not for me.

Sooo, you gotta have this horizontal type of packaging, to fit all the characters properly. Remember there were 'horizontal' steelbooks, probably should have done 1 of the 3 WWAs like that.

€ 89,99, yikes.
I don't like the Tenet-style steel, I hate Hans Zimmer and I don't do pocket books - so this one's definitely not for me.

Have you heard the music to Interstellar, especially during docking after 'The Martian' crash? Or Dune Sketchbook?
My favorite is the one theme he plagiarized from himself, and redone at least 3 times, featured in Crimson Tide, The Rock, The Peacemaker, and what finally became the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
There are load of great movie soundtrack composers.
Like I wrote, the good composers out there hardly ever get a chance to score the big projects anymore. It's all Zimmer, Balfe and all the other clones who define the mainstream cinema sound these days.
Now even James Bond. Why the F?! And a great composer like David Arnold, who wrote amazing Bond scores, is condemned to score television, probably for the rest of his career. Such a shame.
It's painful to think what an actually great composer could have done with a film like Dune...

Have you heard the music to Interstellar, especially during docking after 'The Martian' crash? Or Dune Sketchbook?
My favorite is the one theme he plagiarized from himself, and redone at least 3 times, featured in Crimson Tide, The Rock, The Peacemaker, and what finally became the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.
Even Zimmer's music can be effective, no doubt. I like The Thin Red Line, for example, that was perfect for that film (which is one of my favorites). Scores like Interstellar are servicable - but so utterly simplistic.
And don't get me started on that whole "Pirates" business, thanks for making my point for me. That is a perfect example of this "one size fits all McMusic" approach. I still wish Alan Silvestri had scored that first Pirates movie as originally planned - he would have knocked it out of the park. But nooo... Thanks, Bruckheimer.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Zimmer score for 2049 : annoying buzzing sounds even the imax speakers got saturated.

Zimmer score for dune : see above.
Crappy speakers, if they couldn't handle it.
Dune's powerful sound is half the experience of the movie.

What kind of music do you guys usually like and listen to, just to get a feel on what's going on here?

Reactions: Vega and ethnosax

What kind of music do you guys usually like and listen to, just to get a feel on what's going on here?
Soundtrack composers i like the most :
Basil Poledouris
Jerry Goldsmith
Alan Silvestri
Brian May
Claudio Simonetti
Joe Hisaishi

Last edited:
Like I wrote, the good composers out there hardly ever get a chance to score the big projects anymore. It's all Zimmer, Balfe and all the other clones who define the mainstream cinema sound these days.
Now even James Bond. Why the F?! And a great composer like David Arnold, who wrote amazing Bond scores, is condemned to score television, probably for the rest of his career. Such a shame.
It's painful to think what an actually great composer could have done with a film like Dune...
You seem tense.

One half of me likes Rock music (quite diverse, as long as it has a certain drive), the other is into film and classical music. In terms of film music, James Horner and Jerry Goldsmith were giants. James Newton Howard can be very good, so can the above-mentioned David Arnold. John Debney is a huge talent - recently I blasted my 3 months old daughter to sleep with Debney's masterpiece Cutthroat Island; now there's a big powerful pirate score! (Never mind the movie.) Unfortunately, that guy is also condemned to score small terrible comedies and horror movies.
Recently I've also been enjoying Max Richter.
Well, those are the first few things that come to mind...

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
You seem tense.
Yeah well... Kind of a sore point with me. I get into rant mode quickly. ;) I used to be pretty passionate about film music - now this genre is basically dead for me, and I almost exclusively "live" it through new releases of older/classic scores - the "other" thing I collect heavily. :rolleyes:

Yeah well... Kind of a sore point with me. I get into rant mode quickly. ;) I used to be pretty passionate about film music - now this genre is basically dead for me, and I almost exclusively "live" it through new releases of older/classic scores - the "other" thing I collect heavily. :rolleyes:
I was just teasing. I'm also very interested in film music. I agree with you that there was a time (late 90s/early 00s) when it seemed to be turning into Hans Zimmer Inc.—like, how many times can you reuse that same Gladiator/Pirates battle music? But lately I feel he's been challenging himself a little more. I've also been impressed with the variety of textures Ludwig Goransson has been using in his scores. And I like Marco Beltrami's Quiet Place music better than the movies themselves.

Reactions: BatOutOfHell