Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Wish there was more artwork as this movie has so many possibilities, and a little confused with no SL slip. That being said, I am a huge fan of movie, and knew I was getting it after seeing the steelbook. Plus, not sure if anyone else is doing a WEA? Thanks for the GB as I was able to get a copy.

Too bad the orange artwork isn't on the full slip.

If you missed the group buy, you shouldn't panic. There are 900 one clicks being produced, so if you show up for the pre-order when it goes live, I doubt you will have trouble getting one. That's 400 more one clicks than normal. Just putting it into perspective. Don't be dumb and forget about the pre-order from Collectong.

If you missed the group buy, you shouldn't panic. There are 900 one clicks being produced, so if you show up for the pre-order when it goes live, I doubt you will have trouble getting one. That's 400 more one clicks than normal. Just putting it into perspective. Don't be dumb and forget about the pre-order from Collectong.

Yep, I will be looking for a DL and am fairly confident...

Reactions: MM3
@Actarus was it you that mentioned about the box not being a typical ML magnet close type? I think you're right as based on the description from the website
  • One Click: Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing

Sounds to me it might be in the same style as the Ready Player One box they did years ago

3736CBCD-1CB0-4113-97CD-DEACAEA309A7.jpeg

That one was described as a Matchbox style though. Let us know when you email them to find out ;)

Reactions: Actarus

Yeah, this. Of all the premiums, if you miss a Manta GB you still have a good chance to get one with direct preorder.

I skipped this GB because I’ll probably pass on this one. But I’m not worried about getting a copy if I change my mind before direct preorder goes live.

Reactions: MM3
@Actarus was it you that mentioned about the box not being a typical ML magnet close type? I think you're right as based on the description from the website
  • One Click: Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing

Sounds to me it might be in the same style as the Ready Player One box they did years ago

View attachment 526808

That one was described as a Matchbox style though. Let us know when you email them to find out ;)
From the description it’s exactly what I thought RPO Style Box ;)

Yeah, this. Of all the premiums, if you miss a Manta GB you still have a good chance to get one with direct preorder.

I skipped this GB because I’ll probably pass on this one. But I’m not worried about getting a copy if I change my mind before direct preorder goes live.
I used to think the same till that Blade Runner DL sold out in seconds on their site

Reactions: Jocelin and crib79
Aw sh*t. Didn't realise this was going live tonight :wow:

Bummed. Are they all gone now @Aniv or will there be another batch realising later?

If not, never mind :sorry:

The remaining batch will go live sometime Sunday (US Central time). Let me figure out when I will be home to manage that and I will post it in this thread tomorrow.

I would do it tomorrow but I will be out most of the day running errands.
There are less than 8-10 copies of the single editions left and around 12 OC's

The remaining batch will go live sometime Sunday (US Central time). Let me figure out when I will be home to manage that and I will post it in this thread tomorrow.

I would do it tomorrow but I will be out most of the day running errands.
There are less than 8-10 copies of the single editions left and around 12 OC's
Just hope it’s not while I’m planning to catch a movie, but I’ll cancel it (if I have too) and catch the movie during the week if necessary.

We've been on the most stable release of the software that supports the group buy system for a long time now. That's remain unchanged.

People can have all the wild & crazy theories they want and I think it ignores some of the most basic facts. This will be my last post on this subject.

1) Retailers have spread out their quantity allocated for pre-sale more than ever before. Instagram users, Facebook posts, discussion forums...there are a lot of mouths to feed.

2) More people than ever are after premium releases.

3) More steelbook collectors come here than ever before in order to grab an edition but not as many continue to support the site in other ways (sticking around, viewing ads, or creating new content and discussing topics).

4) The system we use for group buys is not designed to combat 100 people trying to purchase 20 copies at the same time. It does what it can but there are limitations.

For me, the ads are the juice.

Reactions: apsmith21
I used to think the same till that Blade Runner DL sold out in seconds on their site
I missed that too but I've never, ever, missed a direct purchase on their site.
I think Dune has its fanbase but there will be enough time to buy it off the site when it'll go live.
I used the GB option because it'll be 1 pm here and I'll be at work.

So, @Aniv , any chance you switch to oldskool GB system on "first come first serve" bases for a future releases?

This is Dune, ok, it has its fanbase, but artwork-wise it´s weak, and due to numbers it should be easier to get directly than previous releases lately ( 900 OCs, 600 each slip )

BUT, imagine the bloodbath with The Matrix for example, or Pulp Fiction...or Nolan´s stuff

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

Look at @duckandrun. He thinks he owns the rights to do a boxset with just two slips. He probably wasn't even the first to do so. In his mind, nobody else is allowed to produce a boxset with just two slips. WOW, what a crime that would be.

So pathetic Carlo... :rofl:

View attachment 526824
Not the first time that his comments show he envies Mantalab. Bird of Prey release iirc.
pathetic rowan atkinson GIF

Reactions: Widous