Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 19, 2022
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99
Notes: Limited edition packaging, Pain Box of The Bene Gesserit

Dune Pain Box HMV.jpg

Reactions: Olymphat
Dune Pain Box (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD

Paul Atreides, a brilliant, gifted young man born into a destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence, only those who can conquer their fear will survive.

Premium Extras
  • Exclusive ‘Pain Box of the Bene Gesserit’ Rigid Slipcase
  • 32-Page Booklet
  • 8 Character Art Cards

On Disc Extra Content
  • Including: The Royal Houses
  • Inside Dune: The Training Room
  • Building the Ancient Future Designing the Sandworm
  • Wardrobe from Another World
  • A New Soundscape

Amazon UK also have listed but should not be selling as it's a HMV exclusive :rofl:
They even have listed HMV in product description
Dune Pain Box Special Edition [4K Ultra HD] [HMV]

Amazon product

This popped up on Italian Amazon about a week ago, noticed it's got a booklet besides the cards, and thought I might get it, but this UK price is much lower, than €60.

I can't believe they have actually done this, not the idea, but actually showing an image of someones hand inserted inside a cardboard slipbox....:LOL:

dune pain front.jpg

Anyway, i'm already ahead of the curve here, as I already have my own bespoke Pain Box, the Pain Box Of The Scorpion......

P1560773.JPG

I will be very upset if I don't get actual pain when I insert my fist into the Dune Pain Box, I expect it to be authentic....:oohyeah:
...although I expect the actual pain to be £35 being swiped from my pocket..

So what's inside the slip box - amaray case? Digipak? It's not entirely clear.
The american version I have has an amary in it, pretty boring unfortunately. The inner case is also made in such a way where a steelbook doesn't fit in place of the amary, which was what I wanted to do with it - you'd have to detach glued spots and reattach them to make more space for the steelbook which I didn't want to do.

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76
I can't believe they have actually done this, not the idea, but actually showing an image of someones hand inserted inside a cardboard slipbox....:LOL:

View attachment 539256

Anyway, i'm already ahead of the curve here, as I already have my own bespoke Pain Box, the Pain Box Of The Scorpion......

View attachment 539257

I will be very upset if I don't get actual pain when I insert my fist into the Dune Pain Box, I expect it to be authentic....:oohyeah:
...although I expect the actual pain to be £35 being swiped from my pocket..
All OneClick Editions are pain boxes?
what a pathetic marketing move.:LOL:
What next? A Cheech and Chong boxed set called the 'Stash Box'?
D55FC2D3-2DDC-4BA6-95BD-5DF06BF69488.gif

Saw a couple of YT reviews, people have it in hand and seem very underwhelmed.

The price of the A.DE version is ridiculous.
A.Italy, a bit lower.
UK seems more reasonable, if you had no other Edition.

Reactions: hal9ooo
I'm guessing as nobody replied, only you bought it....:) So why don't you tell us your thoughts about it ?, does the pain box work ?, or is the pain just the £35 being swiped from your bank account ? :naughty:

I cancelled in the end as it is just a pointless release IMO.
I forgot to cancel it :shipped: I've decided to send it back TBH. Already have the steelbook so like you said, pointless release.

Ah man, what a wasted opportunity to replace the american blu ray version of the box. The american version has a really nice 3D shape/mold to it, the european version is just flat, what an absolute shame. No idea which one I should keep now.

IMG_3917.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Ah man, what a wasted opportunity to replace the american blu ray version of the box. The american version has a really nice 3D shape/mold to it, the european version is just flat, what an absolute shame. No idea which one I should keep now.

View attachment 543382
If the European version is just flat, why would you want to keep it?

If the European version is just flat, why would you want to keep it?
Because of the 4K disc, the booklet and the art cards. I was planning to sell my american edition and my german 4K steelbook. Will probably resell the flat slipcase edition and wait for a nice complete box when all 2 (or hopefully 3) films are out eventually.

Man I really hope they will do a similar package for Part 2. No idea what they would take as a prop though that has that shape.

Reactions: astycorax