Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dune: Part Three

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Plot: The third entry in the "Dune" film series, adapted from the second novel, "Dune: Messiah."

We should get a Premium box set for the Trilogy, asuming it's gonna be a trilogy like WEET did with Spiderman.

“The first movie was more meditative and contemplative. We were following a young man discovering a new planet, a new culture,” Villeneuve said. “The second movie…it’s more of an action film than the first part. It’s more muscular.”
Mhh, I loved the meditative nature of the first movie... hope the second one won't throw that aspect too much out the window

arent there like 6 books and werent the first two movies supposed to cover the first one? are we possibly getting the entire saga?
Yes, there's 6 original books, the two movies are covering the first one, they just decided to do a third off a second book. The Sci-Fi channel TV series was based on the third.
Then there's 17 more books by Herbert's son...

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
Messiah has potential to really lift this off towards the more abstract themes of Dune that the latter books are dominated by so I really can't wait for this. I could see him going for Children but really doubt he'll go any farther. I love God Emperor but things get really weird then.

Damn I just listened to a whole podcast with the author of that book, she has also a really interesting one about the whole nasa taking nazis to work for them deal for the moon landing, her reasearch is really fascinating.

Never thought that Villeneuve would make an adaptation of that nuclear war book though, seems 1. kinda bandwagon-y in light of Oppenheimer's success and 2. weird, since the book seems to be a sort of scenario describing /non-fiction book. My guess is that it would have to be a pretty loose adaptation, but then again, why pick that book specifically. We'll see I guess. But good to hear about Dune Part Three.

Between plans for this, Messiah, the Cleopatra movie and Rendevouz With Rama it's a wonder he's able to get anything done. Sounds like he's booked up at least until about 2035 if he plans nothing else!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database