Mondo Dune

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Tomorrow, we'll have three new posters for the new film, DUNE. All three are mind-killing gorgeous, displaying the same level of kung-fu that Denis Villeneuve reveals on the screen.

The first presents Greg Ruth’s gorgeous, tall take on his LP cover art. I have not met anyone who adores DUNE more than Greg. He went all out and, additionally, swaddled THE DUNE SKETCHBOOK vinyl release in the same artful care.

The second is by Tradd Moore. If you have’t clocked Silver Surfer Black by Donny Cates and Tradd Moore, then be nice to yourself. Cates presented a Galactus angle that I throughly enjoyed, but Moore’s art made me shake. That became a worm attracting internal tremor, when viewing the finals for this wild take.

The third is by Akiko Stehrenberger. I’m sure I whispered an expletive under my breath when I opened the color version in my email the first time. It felt a bit like a magic trick. I had seen her B&W rough. I thought I knew where Akiko might take it in color. I did not. Rabbit in a goddamn hat.

- Rob Jones / DUNE fan

These three posters will be available Thursday, October 14 at 11AM CT on The Drop at mondoshop.com.

Ruth_Dune_Lg_1024x1024.jpg

DUNE Screenprinted Poster. Art by Greg Ruth. Printed by DL Screenprinting. 24" x 36". Edition of 175. Expected to ship in February 2022. Ships Worldwide, except China. $60.

moore_dune_forfinalapproval_rvsd2_1024x1024.png

DUNE Screenprinted Poster. Art by Tradd Moore. Printed by Lady Lazarus. 24" x 36". Edition of 175. Expected to ship in March 2022. Ships Worldwide, except China. $60.

Akiko_Dune_Lg_1024x1024.jpg

DUNE Screenprinted Poster. Art by Akiko Stehrenberger. Printed by DL Screenprinting. 24" x 36". Edition of 220. Expected to ship in February 2022. Ships Worldwide, except China. $60.