E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 12, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 1000

ET 40th.jpg

Last edited:
Will probably be the same 4k steel that was released in the US last year (and I think never came up here on the forum); was it a Target exclusive...?

(not mine)
et_4k_uhd_limited_edition_stee_1627729939_3c42dcaf_progressive.jpg

Reactions: gAnX
Will probably be the same 4k steel that was released in the US last year (and I think never came up here on the forum); was it a Target exclusive...?

(not mine)
et_4k_uhd_limited_edition_stee_1627729939_3c42dcaf_progressive.jpg
UK already had a Blu-ray SteelBook using that artwork back in 2012

UK already had a Blu-ray SteelBook using that artwork back in 2012
True, but not exaclty the same because of the terrible logos on the front. Would much prefer the US one, have been hunting it on ebay, but am curious now to know how this one here will look.
Can anyone share inside on the finish of these two previous steelbooks?

True, but not exaclty the same because of the terrible logos on the front. Would much prefer the US one, have been hunting it on ebay, but am curious now to know how this one here will look.
Can anyone share inside on the finish of these two previous steelbooks?
UK steelbook it was just Blu-ray logo and Universal logo

The Jcard had the age ratings not the steelbook itself

UK steelbook from 2012
Not my video

USA Target 4K SteelBook
Not my video

Last edited:
Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial with this Collector's Edition. Strictly limited to 1000 copies worldwide.

This release includes: Slipcase, Steelbook, Poster, 4 x Art cards, Bookmark, Script Excerpts booklet, Behind-the-scenes booklet & a new 4K UHD & Blu-ray disc

Over 4 hours of bonus features! This edition includes a new 4K UHD and Blu-ray disc with never-before-seen content to mark the 40th anniversary of E.T.

• '40 Years of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial' - An all-new retrospective of the film and its lasting legacy.
  • 'TCM Classic Film Festival: An Evening with Steven Spielberg' - The acclaimed director reflects on his career and the making of E.T. 40 years later.

Last edited:
when they say a new 4K disc; do they mean new artwork or a new scan?

I think they mean "new 4K UHD and Blu-ray disc with never-before-seen content".
  • '40 Years of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial' - An all-new retrospective of the film and its lasting legacy.
  • 'TCM Classic Film Festival: An Evening with Steven Spielberg' - The acclaimed director reflects on his career and the making of E.T. 40 years later.

Reactions: Retro Parrot