E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 12, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 1000

ET 40th.jpg

Last edited:
Haha not sure if you're slating the film or the fact I have 3 identical sealed copies (which I could throw on eBay probably clear £100 on each one) :)
It's one of my favourite movies. So definitely the second one. Like I find the concept of ordering 3 copies of the same steelbook to get an undamaged one kinda crazy. Especially when zavvi have a really good replacement policy. But most people would return or sell the extras after they get them. You could get £200 for them without breaking a sweat.

It's one of my favourite movies. So definitely the second one. Like I find the concept of ordering 3 copies of the same steelbook to get an undamaged one kinda crazy. Especially when zavvi have a really good replacement policy. But most people would return or sell the extras after they get them. You could get £200 for them without breaking a sweat.

I've been buying steelbooks from Zavvi since 2014 (I know many of you have been collecting a lot longer than that) and in that time I have learnt that if you really want a release you can't rely on stock being available to replace damaged steelbooks. So that's why I order multiple for releases I really want and these days there are so few films I'm still waiting for steelbooks to be released for (probably fewer than 50 titles) any order I make usually means I really want it and therefore order 2 or 3 depending on the art and if I have the film already.

I've been buying steelbooks from Zavvi since 2014 (I know many of you have been collecting a lot longer than that) and in that time I have learnt that if you really want a release you can't rely on stock being available to replace damaged steelbooks. So that's why I order multiple for releases I really want and these days there are so few films I'm still waiting for steelbooks to be released for (probably fewer than 50 titles) any order I make usually means I really want it and therefore order 2 or 3 depending on the art and if I have the film already.
That doesn't explain why you still have 3 sealed copies of the same steelbook. Especially one that is worth so much. I know I keep going on about it, but I can't wrap my head around it. Honestly if I ever find myself in a position where I have 2 identical copies of a steelbook due to getting a no return refund on a damaged one or something I immediately sell it so that I can buy more steelbooks. Unless you have a massive excess of cash and it just doesn't matter to you. But how many of those 400 steelbooks are duplicates that you could just sell for what seems to be like a lot of money. Those Lost in Translation steels are getting incredibly rare to find an unopened one. Unless you are just waiting for it to appreciate in value so much you can clear £200 each for them.

That doesn't explain why you still have 3 sealed copies of the same steelbook. Especially one that is worth so much. I know I keep going on about it, but I can't wrap my head around it. Honestly if I ever find myself in a position where I have 2 identical copies of a steelbook due to getting a no return refund on a damaged one or something I immediately sell it so that I can buy more steelbooks. Unless you have a massive excess of cash and it just doesn't matter to you. But how many of those 400 steelbooks are duplicates that you could just sell for what seems to be like a lot of money. Those Lost in Translation steels are getting incredibly rare to find an unopened one. Unless you are just waiting for it to appreciate in value so much you can clear £200 each for them.

I have 400 unique titles and maybe 700 steelbooks counting duplicates. I have sold some over the years. I do intend to sell off duplicates and sell off my least favourite versions where I have multiple different steelbooks for the same film (like Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Gladiator and a load more).
I haven't done it because I have moved several times since I started collecting so many of my belongings are yet to be unpacked including all of my steelbooks, my goal is to settle in a home.. unpack my steelbooks (and everything else sitting boxes) and put them on some nice shelving.. at this point I'll go through the collection and sell what I don't want. At the moment they're only increasing in value so I'm in no hurry