E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate 80's Special Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 12, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £64.99 - £49.99
Notes: Limited to 2000

ET Special Edition.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Ultimate 80s Special Edition
Zavvi price drop to £49.99

Euro price €69.99

£49.99 in Euro's should be €58.99
Zavvi still not fixed the recent pricing errors when converted to Euros

Ultimate 80s Special Edition
Zavvi price drop to £49.99

Euro price €69.99

£49.99 in Euro's should be €58.99
Zavvi still not fixed the recent pricing errors when converted to Euros
saw that the other day, still needs to drop more, could have bought it about that price at launch.

Since its limited to 2000 copies, its specifically aimed at people who were kids at the time watching it in the cinemas. Its purely for the fan boys and girls who want to feel nostalgic about those times in the early 80s and have a connection with their childhood through this film (most will be in their 40s or early 50s now). Its not a bad price drop either considering how much has gone into producing these sets. I get a feeling with most threads on this forum, it seems to be the millenials who complain the most since they're from the age of social media and everything CGI. Do memories not mean anything to anyone here?

Since its limited to 2000 copies, its specifically aimed at people who were kids at the time watching it in the cinemas. Its purely for the fan boys and girls who want to feel nostalgic about those times in the early 80s and have a connection with their childhood through this film (most will be in their 40s or early 50s now). Its not a bad price drop either considering how much has gone into producing these sets. I get a feeling with most threads on this forum, it seems to be the millenials who complain the most since they're from the age of social media and everything CGI. Do memories not mean anything to anyone here?
I'm in my late 40's and saw this in the cinema (with my original E.T. lunchbox and flask in hand).... Frankly, the cost of living crisis coupled with the timing of the expense of Christmas leaves me still feeling like this is vastly overpriced.
Memories and nostalgia sometimes have to give way to real world economics.

Reactions: Doctor
I get a feeling with most threads on this forum, it seems to be the millenials who complain the most since they're from the age of social media and everything CGI. Do memories not mean anything to anyone here?
Hey, I'm a millennial, a 'geriatric' one, from '81, but still, and I know people my age, 35+, actually complain about CGI, and are the most 'nostalgic' ones. Although for us, 2002 was a few years ago. 2012 was a few years ago. It's still 2020 now... :D

I think you're confusing our 'class' with those Gen Z motherlovers.
Joseph Sikora Starz GIF by Power Book IV: Force

Reactions: mkdfan
I'm in my late 40's and saw this in the cinema (with my original E.T. lunchbox and flask in hand).... Frankly, the cost of living crisis coupled with the timing of the expense of Christmas leaves me still feeling like this is vastly overpriced.
Memories and nostalgia sometimes have to give way to real world economics.
But if that's the case with a lot of new CEs and LEs. I still think this is a decent price for what your getting say compared to ones where cardboard or plastic seems to the over-whelming favourite material of choice for some publishers. Still agree about C.O.L crisis but this one, in my view isn't breaking the bank and its come down in price by a decent amount. Good luck to all the fanboys and fangirls I guess. I'm sure they'll splurge on it. Personally, I preferred Close Encounters to this and I have decent CE version of that one.

Reactions: Punker76