Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase links: In store only
Price: £19.99
Group Buy: Click HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

proof.jpg

image.jpg

eot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a sealed copy of this from The Entertainment Store's eBay shop. £14.99 seems a fair price for a new, sealed copy. Looking forward to seeing this film for the first time. I have heard it's great.

The 3D on it exceeded my expectations(Viewed with Active 3D Technology), I really enjoyed it both way. In any case of you haven't seen the movie, great sci-fi movie ! FYI: The Korea Version is the only one to have Spot Gloss treatment really nice...hope that it is also the case for the UK one...

The 3D on it exceeded my expectations(Viewed with Active 3D Technology), I really enjoyed it both way. In any case of you haven't seen the movie, great sci-fi movie !
This is the only 3D film I can't watch.

I found the 3D atrocious on this one. For whatever reason it's not like any of my other 3D blu Ray's. It's like the effect is reversed or something. After 10 mins I had to turn it off. Was doing my head (and eyes) in.

Don't know why this particular film is like this. As I said, I must have the guts of 100 3D Blu Ray's and none of them looked like this. And I never had any sort if problem viewing 3D or anything like that.

Strange.

Maybe I have a faulty disc?

Ummm.......I've just started watching this in 3D and within about 2 mins I've had to turn it off.

I love 3D movies, but whats the story with this? It's unwatchable. The 3D is the worst I've seen. It's all over the place. For a film of such a high budget I can't understand how this happened.

Is there something wrong with the conversion I didn't hear about or is there a problem with my TV?

You'd think. But when I went to watch it it looks like the 3D effects have been reversed. What should be in the background is in the foreground and vice versa. It feels really disorienting to view it. I've never had that problem with any if my other 3D movies. And I own a lot.
I Googled for any problems last night but couldn't find anything.

Bump!!

This is the only 3D film I can't watch.

I found the 3D atrocious on this one. For whatever reason it's not like any of my other 3D blu Ray's. It's like the effect is reversed or something. After 10 mins I had to turn it off. Was doing my head (and eyes) in.

Don't know why this particular film is like this. As I said, I must have the guts of 100 3D Blu Ray's and none of them looked like this. And I never had any sort if problem viewing 3D or anything like that.

Strange.

Maybe I have a faulty disc?

Very Strange to hear, I watched the Korean Disk, they have great Print for their Disks but I don't know if this matters...I watched it with Active 3D Technology, did you watch it with Passive 3D Technology ??? I was not expecting to enjoy the 3D with the reviews I had read in Tech Magazines they gave a 3 out of 5..but when I watched it ''really nice depth all through the movie'', not just at times but the whole movie...

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Very Strange to hear, I watched the Korean Disk, they have great Print for their Disks but I don't know if this matters...I watched it with Active 3D Technology, did you watch it with Passive 3D Technology ??? I was not expecting to enjoy the 3D with the reviews I had read in Tech Magazines they gave a 3 out of 5..but when I watched it ''really nice depth all through the movie'', not just at times but the whole movie...
I too have active 3D tech.

All my other ones look fine. I actually love 3D but have to pass on this one. So you can imagine my disappointment.

I haven't heard any other complaints so not sure what's going on.....

Seems to be an isolated incident with just me! :p

I too have active 3D tech.

All my other ones look fine. I actually love 3D but have to pass on this one. So you can imagine my disappointment.

I haven't heard any other complaints so not sure what's going on.....

Seems to be an isolated incident with just me! :p

I am VERY PICKY with 3D, so since I actually really enjoyed it and you also have Active 3D Tech, I just don't know what to say...I really enjoyed the 3D... were your glasses low battery maybe ? I guess you would have noticed if the 3D would have fallen off...I just don't get it as it was rated above average and I truly enjoyed it... I'll give it a 2nd Watch 3D and try to be more critical.

I am VERY PICKY with 3D, so since I actually really enjoyed it and you also have Active 3D Tech, I just don't know what to say...I really enjoyed the 3D... were your glasses low battery maybe ? I guess you would have noticed if the 3D would have fallen off...I just don't get it as it was rated above average and I truly enjoyed it... I'll give it a 2nd Watch 3D and try to be more critical.
That was the first thing I thought at the time alright. That there was a problem with the glasses at the time.

But no. Looks like the problem is just the disc and the conversion. It's just not right. At least for me.

I must do the same, go back and revisit it tomorrow......

That was the first thing I thought at the time alright. That there was a problem with the glasses at the time.

But no. Looks like the problem is just the disc and the conversion. It's just not right. At least for me.

I must do the same, go back and revisit it tomorrow......

something ain't right as I was impressed with the 3D and I am very picky like I said...if I was able to enjoy the 3D and you not something isn't right (n):dunno:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
So if it was a HMV exclusive on release I wonder how Entertainment Store got their hands on a resonable quantity of these (they've sold close to 200 of them on eBay!).
I guess the exclusivity ran out with HMV or they had a surplus of these that they couldn't shift so they struck up a deal with ES to take them off their hands?

I just found this....

https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/edge-of-tomorrow-3d.61595/

This sounds like what I'm getting but on my blu ray player......

were you uploading the/copying them to that popcorn thing :hilarious: ...I watched straight from the disk and they mentioned the 2nd Hobbit and also for me No issue. I don't know if I read right as I am not a tech person at all. I can open and close a computer and that's it lmao I am technologically challenged :joy:

did you do last sorftware update for your blu-ray player ? that I know can make a difference when there is an update I was told for my blu-ray player to do it when it is asked of me as it can affect playback.

Also I have a really High End Blu-ray player mainly made for 3D, that could also be something maybe ???

were you uploading the/copying them to that popcorn thing :hilarious: ...I watched straight from the disk and they mentioned the 2nd Hobbit and also for me No issue. I don't know if I read right as I am not a tech person at all. I can open and close a computer and that's it lmao I am technologically challenged :joy:
No.:p

I'm just trying to watch it as normal on my Blu Ray player but I seem to be getting the same results as these boys are getting by messing around with uploading and such.

There is definitely something shady going on with the authoring of the disc though it would seem.

No.:p

I'm just trying to watch it as normal on my Blu Ray player but I seem to be getting the same results as these boys are getting by messing around with uploading and such.

There is definitely something shady going on with the authoring of the disc though it would seem.

First time I hear of this type of issue, certainly something is wrong. Just an FYI for the Future I know this doesn't happen often, but I am always Amazed at the Disks Prints from Korea, they are Amazing Quality !

sorry to hear about the issue, maybe just pick up a regular Amaray and swap the disks ? Sorry I know it must suck, such a great movie in 3D and Blu-ray as well.

First time I hear of this type of issue, certainly something is wrong. Just an FYI for the Future I know this doesn't happen often, but I am always Amazed at the Disks Prints from Korea, they are Amazing Quality !

sorry to hear about the issue, maybe just pick up a regular Amaray and swap the disks ? Sorry I know it must suck, such a great movie in 3D and Blu-ray as well.
I should probably just try and pick up the Korean version of this. Period!

Nice spot gloss and all..... :D

I love watching this in 3D which surprised me as it's a conversion.

whether it is shot in real 3D or a Post Conversion has nothing to do with the result ! This is a Misconception. I used to think that w ay and want more the real 3D but with time I did watch many that were Post Conversion and blew me away much more than the ones that were shot in REAL 3D ! It has nothing to do at how it was filmed, but one thing that I did notice is that Marvel do not give proper budget for Post Conversion and most of all Marvel films are so so in the 3D version... but so many Post conversion(most of all 3D movies are Post Conversion) when they do allocate proper budget and let the process take place as it should be, it is left with a stunning result. So Shot in Real 3D or Post Conversion 3D is not a real way to judge a 3D movie.

• Informative
Reactions: kipper15
Converting a 2D moving image to 3D isn't the same as shooting in 'real' 3D. I prefer Dredd for 'live action' 3D. I suppose it's like CGI, when it's bad it looks horrible but when it's good...

But Edge of Tomorrow, and World War Z, impressed me with the 3D effect. Titanic was a little 'gimmicky'.

One strange thing about Edge of Tomorrow... I took it over to a friend with his fancy 75" B&O 4K tv. Watching it was a slight disappointment (in 2D). It's as if every change of camera angle showed differences in texture, colouration etc. Instead of a high budget movie the look had become more like a cheap afternoon soap opera.

Fortunately on my 55" plasma at regular viewing distance I don't see this.

And pulling the conversation back to topic, I think the HMV steelbook is pretty decent - including the 3D disc for £20. Although I know some people don't like 3D on the front at least the typeface is the same.

I ended up selling mine for the Nova version though, lenticular, art and post cards won the day.