Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: October 7, 2014
Purchase link: In-store only
Price: 26.99$
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir

edge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, I love my 3D at home (just purchased a new 3D Projector & 106" Screen), however I'm all about the Steel. I can pick up the 3D disc later on. I don't understand passing on a Steelbook because it does not contain a 3D disc. I think that over 15 of my 3D Steelbooks are mix and matched.

It's because most of the time, there eventually will be a 3D SteelBook, and you will be stuck with a 2D SteelBook and will have to resort to double-dipping.

Would rather wait for a 3D SteelBook release than get the here-and-now 2D release.

If there are no 3D releases for a SteelBook, then maybe I would settle for the 2D, but more often than not, a 3D version exists out there.

[/COLOR]
Actarus; said:
when FS does not include the 3D when the movie had a 3D release, I pass. I wait for a steel that will include it. Worse comes to worse rather have the amaray that includes the 3D + 2D than a steel without the 3D

Don't be ridiculous, you can pick up the 3D disc only for much less and then have a SteelBook + 3D.

It's because most of the time, there eventually will be a 3D SteelBook, and you will be stuck with a 2D SteelBook and will have to resort to double-dipping.

****Would rather wait for a 3D SteelBook release than get the here-and-now 2D release....

Wasn't it what I was saying when you said I was ridiculous ?!

Last edited:
When does this go live?? I'm curious if this will be the same as the Germany steel. Either way, it will be a lot cheaper (29,99EURO + 10 EURO shipping vs. the likely FS price, 29.99CAD). Not even close! Will definitely be worth going with FS, even if the 3D disc is not included. I have seen ebay sellers sell their 3D blu rays for around $8 each. I will likely go that route if this is not a 3D steelbook.

When does this go live?? I'm curious if this will be the same as the Germany steel. Either way, it will be a lot cheaper (29,99EURO + 10 EURO shipping vs. the likely FS price, 29.99CAD). Not even close! Will definitely be worth going with FS, even if the 3D disc is not included. I have seen ebay sellers sell their 3D blu rays for around $8 each. I will likely go that route if this is not a 3D steelbook.

Live date might be a few weeks still.

3D or not, I'm getting this. I watched it in IMAX 3D and there wasn't much 3D effects to make this a 3D-only must have (barely a few minutes here and there).

Now to move on from this topic personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what the artwork looks like (and the finishing).

Hopefully they'll go with some of these:

Front/Back

edge-of-tomorrow-cci-poster.jpg

or any of these 3

Edge-of-Tomorrow.jpg

My personal favorite is THIS :drool:

970116_138427333034746_1117395094_n.jpg

For the inside either one of these, I'll let you guess which is my favorite :D

A

10450247_237321333145345_9125411131264660367_o.jpg

B

edgeoftomorrow5.jpg

C

10256721_237321296478682_7627494060428281539_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to sit and wait till all the versions are revealed before I make my final decision on which version/steel/digipack,slip, to get....;)

Needs to be gloss for the steel...IMO

One thing's for sure it will have Tom on the front cover.....:hilarious:

Reactions: harry
I'm going to sit and wait till all the versions are revealed before I make my final decision on which version/steel/digipack,slip, to get....;)

Needs to be gloss for the steel...IMO

One thing's for sure it will have Tom on the front cover.....:hilarious:

Agree with you buddy. This and Godzilla, are going to be a lot of versions, so i will wait to see which version i really like.

Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla steelbook need to be glossy and i really hope they choose Apollon favourite artwork because its awesome.:scat:

Hoping for a US release really enjoyed this film saw it in Boise while I was up there for the ironman. I might go see it again here, really liked it.

Hey Zerox, Any idea when it will go live ?

Oh too many releases coming out all in a short period of time 0_0 ...luckilly lots of them are pre-release that we already paid for...

This one is going to be awhile until it goes live. I'm still in talks with Warner about what the art will look like (yes that means we are driving the look and feel discussion, ultimately they make the choice, but we get input)

This one is going to be awhile until it goes live. I'm still in talks with Warner about what the art will look like (yes that means we are driving the look and feel discussion, ultimately they make the choice, but we get input)

I'm actually happy it'll give a little break for the wallet :p

OH CAN YOU PLEASE PUSH FOR THE 3D Disk to be included ? :)

... that's pretty cool though being involved in the process !

Reactions: Bagman99
Just saw this, a pretty good flick. Depending on the artwork this may be worth adding to my steelbook collection.

Hey Zerox,

I hope you will consider passing on the art concepts below courtesy of Apollon to Warner Bros for their consideration. I think they all look very nice.
Also, 2 wishlist items to add: 3D Blu-ray and Gloss finish. :scat:

3D or not, I'm getting this. I watched it in IMAX 3D and there wasn't much 3D effects to make this a 3D-only must have (barely a few minutes here and there).

Now to move on from this topic personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what the artwork looks like (and the finishing).

Hopefully they'll go with some of these:

Front/Back

edge-of-tomorrow-cci-poster.jpg

or any of these 3

Edge-of-Tomorrow.jpg

My personal favorite is THIS :drool:

edge-of-tomorrow.jpg

For the inside either one of these, I'll let you guess which is my favorite :D

A

10450247_237321333145345_9125411131264660367_o.jpg

B

edgeoftomorrow5.jpg