Horror-Scream Factory CE Escape From New York (4K+ Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Scream Factory) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2022
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $36.98 (Shout) - $27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Product Note: The limited edition poster has SOLD OUT for this offer as of March 19, 2022. Escape From New York is also available with the poster with an exclusive 7" vinyl from Sacred Bones and the vinyl plus an exclusive enamel pin set from Gutter Garbs.
276030938_2441901202613543_2470226394529413922_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Oh man, another one! I guess the US never got those special editions the UK had, I'm assuming disc content will be the same, but if they make a nice hard box with a new booklet, might get it!

Reactions: Fmac72 and Daubt
Bonus Features

DISC ONE (4K UHD):
4K Restoration By StudioCanal
Audio Commentary With Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
Audio Commentary With Producer Debra Hill And Production Designer Joe Alves
Audio Commentary With Actress Adrienne Barbeau And Director Of Photography Dean Cundey

DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):
Audio Commentary With Actress Adrienne Barbeau And Director Of Photography Dean Cundey

DISC THREE (BLU-RAY):
Big Challenges In Little Manhattan: The Visual Effects Of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
Scoring The Escape – A Discussion With Composer Alan Howarth
On Set With John Carpenter – The Images Of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK With Photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker
I Am Taylor – An Interview With Actor Joe Unger
My Night On Set – An Interview With Filmmaker David DeCoteau
Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence With Optional Audio Commentary
Return To Escape From New York Featurette
Theatrical Trailers
Photo Galleries – Behind-The-Scenes, Posters And Lobby Cards

Last edited:
Also 2 limited editions exclusive to Shout Factory website

FB_IMG_1646100295221.jpg

Also a exclusive from sacred bones records

That's pretty cool, although I've never collected those black boxes with records - there were at least 4 like that before, for Big Trouble in Little China and first Halloween movies. They are very basic, same edition housed inside with a vinyl on top, and just obnoxious shiny silver printing on the front shape and title on the side.
I do like the pins this time.

Bonus Features

DISC ONE (4K UHD):

DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

DISC THREE (BLU-RAY):
Big Challenges In Little Manhattan: The Visual Effects Of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
Scoring The Escape – A Discussion With Composer Alan Howarth
On Set With John Carpenter – The Images Of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK With Photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker
I Am Taylor – An Interview With Actor Joe Unger
My Night On Set – An Interview With Filmmaker David DeCoteau
Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence With Optional Audio Commentary
Return To Escape From New York Featurette
Theatrical Trailers
Photo Galleries – Behind-The-Scenes, Posters And Lobby Cards

I forgot about the 2015 Shout Factory release. The extras are copied from there, some are different, some are missing.
Compared to UK, this will have the same 3 commentaries, the deleted opening with commentary, a 1 of 2 15-min featurettes (on visual effects), and the only interview the European releases had (with Joe Unger). Then it adds an exclusive 23 min featurette "Return to", and three exclusive interviews with composer, still photographer Gottlieb-Walker, and filmmaker DeCoteau, but will be missing the other 2018 UK 15-min featurette, "Snake Plissken - Man of Honor", and an almost hour long documentary Purgatory.
So it's best to have both releases, but anyone already owning that Shout Factory 2-disc CE won't get anything new.
So anyway, it all boils down to packaging and physical extras, as I thought.