Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: February 15, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1BE7946F-255F-4A55-A71A-0263655C7E38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unboxing for the glossy Best Buy version. But watch out for those scratches. I'm seeing a few posts on another site about how lots of copies on store shelves have those same scratches in the same place.

Maybe gloss is becoming overrated?

I feel screwed. Zavvi fcked us in the UK. The finish on the Zavvi Eternals is a fcking joke.
Calm down dude, the whole movie is a joke, bad, unfunny one.

relaxing jeff bridges GIF

Everyone's like - movie sucks, steelbook sucks, Disney sucks, but wait, there's gloss...
The Walking Dead Nyc GIF by ADWEEK

Disney Europe is different to Disney US. Also scanavo Europe is different to scanavo Mexico. It's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Oh, they're making them in Mexico now too? Didn't know, that explains the differences, with this, and, more importantly, with Howard the Duck, among other steels.

Oh, they're making them in Mexico now too? Didn't know, that explains the differences, with this, and, more importantly, with Howard the Duck, among other steels.
Yeah, I've quite a few steelbooks from the US with 'made in mexico' stamped on them. Can't tell you the rationale behind the location for some and not others, but there's evidently a plant there.

Calm down dude, the whole movie is a joke, bad, unfunny one.

relaxing jeff bridges GIF

Everyone's like - movie sucks, steelbook sucks, Disney sucks, but wait, there's gloss...
The Walking Dead Nyc GIF by ADWEEK

AFAIK, all of our steelbooks are made in MX. Most of the time there’s a stamp on the back shrink wrap that says made in MX, though not on my copy of this one.

You used to be able to order from Sanborns to the U.K. (Mexican shop)

Was really cheap conversion rate too. Used to pick up all the US glossy batman animated steels through them bare cheap for like £10-£12 and that was shipped too. They stopped shipping to the U.K. a few years back