Evil Dead (2013) - In theaters April 5, 2013

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
From IMDB:
Mia, a young woman struggling with sobriety, heads to a remote cabin with her brother and three friends, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods.

Trailer:

Evil-Dead-Banner.jpg

The producer of the new version of Evil Dead has stated that he is excited about the remake of The Evil Dead, and has described it as "gut wrenching" and intense". The film is due for release in 2013.

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

“Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
What an amazing film. Really gory (makes saw look like a Disney film) and a few scenes that make you jump from your seat......pretty much what you'd expect from evil dead

Right here's my take.......

I'm a huge huge HUGE fan of the original.... this is nowhere near as good! BUT -

I'm trying to look at it more as a sequel to the Evil Dead universe rather than a remake. As a remake, I thought it was terrible. Loses all of the quality that the originals have, no comedic black tones to it which gave the originals their charm.

However, look at it as a sequel and it plays very well as a hardcore horror movie. Even Ash's Oldsmobile is there, rotting away as if it's been stood there for years (which makes me believe it's more of a sequel rather than a remake and I know it's been mentioned that once they've done a couple of sequels they want to make a crossover with AoD!!)

The scares, for me, there wasn't many. However, the gore and violence was immense and certainly didn't hold back!! The shock-factor was superb and I'm so pleased they used practical FX rather than CGI.

And make sure you stay until the very end of the credits..... that few seconds is worth the admission price alone!!

GROOVY!

I'm with cooey it's not a shot for shot remake but with raimi's original very slightly tongue in cheek this is straight line old school horror with old school FX and all the better for it, a nice performance by Jane Levy as mia & a lot of yuky effects so yes i liked it but i like sam's original better.

I loved this movie. I went in having just rewatched all of the originals this past week but didn't find myself picking it apart and comparing it to the originals. If you go in and spend the entire movie comparing it to the original you won't have a good time.

It stands out on its own very well. It really isn't a remake or even a sequel. It really is a mixture of both. It is setup in a way that is clearly a remake, but has enough changes and callbacks to the original that it could also be a sequel.