Evil Dead 2013 UK Channel 4 Edit

Several deleted and extended scenes — including a super-dark (as if it could get darker) alternate ending — for Fede Alvarez’s 2013 reimagining of Evil Dead have surfaced via a recent airing of the film on Channel 4 in the U.K. Alvarez had previously admitted there was a decent bit of footage axed from the final cut (though he considers the theatrical version his director's cut), and it seems like at least some of those scenes have been restored for ... some reason? Did anyone see or record it?

Is this like the Billy Madison kickball scene that just popped up on TV one day? I'm thinking I know that movie hardcore, and all of a sudden the TV version has this new scene in it. Of course the rise of DVDs, the Internet, and then Blu-rays and has expanded the access to Deleted scenes that wasn't there in the late 1990s.

Reactions: Sir Hilary Bray
Interesting. I liked the new Evil Dead for what it is, but i wouldn't mind watching this different version.

Let's hope some more information will show up soon, so we can get an idea of what actually changed.

I didn't catch it on Ch 4 as I didn't realise there was a different cut.
Makes me wonder why these scenes weren't included as extras on the blu Ray release.

I saw it . Drove me nuts to be honerst . I wanted to love it just couldent get past this .

You have an horrific experience with a family member at the start . Now leaving the thing that caused it lying around on a bench in the celler :cool: .

COME ON :banghead: bloody ruined it . How could I be unnerved and fearful with that :rofl:. Make an effot with creadebility in the story . Why not have the dog dig it up ? , or find it in the swamp ??.

Sorry found it sloppy for this plot flaw :stop:. Glad I left it for free to air . If I'd have paid I'd have been gutted :yuck: .

I saw it I wanted to love it however I couldn't get past the flaw in the plot. It lost All creadebility with me (n) . If I'd have paid I'd have been gutted .

What left me so unfulfilled leaving the book where they did. You have an horrific experience with a family member . You leave the thing that caused it on a bench in the celler ?? :sour: .

So lazy whybnot have the dog dig it up or find it in the swamp ? :wow:.

I couldn't be sceard and fearful when it had just been left where it was :banghead:.

Anyway rant over :giggle:.

From what I've read channel 4 got the uncut version by mistake so I doubt the version they will be showing on the 23rd may will be the same as the previous one they aired but I will watch it just in case.

lol.

tho I'm pretty sure it's gonna have it's blu-ray release in the future.