TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

From the official page on the 2K Games website:

New York, NY – January 14, 2014 – 2K and Turtle Rock Studios, creators of the cooperative shooter classic Left 4 Dead, today officially announced Evolve ™, an all-new multiplayer shooter experience. First revealed exclusively on the cover of Game Informer magazine’s current February issue, Evolve will be available this fall for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

Evolve expertly blends cooperative and competitive multiplayer experiences as a team of four hunters face off against a single, player-controlled monster. Set on an alien planet in the distant future, gamers hunt their prey in adrenaline-pumping 4V1 matches. Players experience Evolve as a first-person shooter when playing cooperatively as the four hunters, while they control the monster in the third-person perspective, providing a gameplay experience unique to Evolve. In addition to revealing Evolve, Game Informer details Goliath, the first monster included in the game, and the first squad of four hunters, each with their own unique classes and abilities.

“Our philosophy is to build incredibly fun game experiences that we can’t find anywhere else,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director at Turtle Rock Studios. “Evolve’s co-op vs. lone wolf formula has created some of the most intense multiplayer matches we’ve ever experienced.”

Evolve will be a generation-defining multiplayer experience,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “As our first new IP for next-gen systems, 2K is working with Turtle Rock Studios to deliver a game that’s instantly entertaining and impossible to put down.”

Evolve is available for pre-order beginning today at participating retailers. Those who pre-order the game from participating retailers will be rewarded with the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the Savage Goliath skin at launch and a new monster character as soon as it becomes available after Evolve is released. To see a list of retailers that you can pre-order Evolve from now, please visit www.evolvegame.com/preorder.

To learn more about Evolve, gamers can pick up the latest issue of Game Informer magazine or visit www.gameinformer.com/evolve throughout the month of January for an exclusive look at the game.

Evolve will be available in fall 2014 for Xbox One, PlayStation®4 system and PC. Evolve is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on Evolve, follow us on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube and visit www.evolvegame.com.

About Evolve:

From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of Left 4 Dead, comes Evolve, the next-generation of multiplayer shooters where four hunters face off against a single, player-controlled monster in adrenaline-pumping 4V1 matches. Play as the monster to use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies, or choose one of four hunter classes (Trapper, Support, Assault and Medic) and team up to take down the beast on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to man and monster alike. Level up to unlock new hunter or monster characters as well as upgrades, skins and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.

2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

Attachments

• evolve.jpg
    evolve.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 1,896
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cooey
The Evolve Big Alpha is launching on October 30th for Xbox One, and October 31st for PS4 and PC. For a chance to experience the most award-winning game coming in 2015, enter the code below at www.EvolveGame.com/BigAlpha.

71687-90535-46031

Last edited:
Reactions: mlmaier84

Hey @Noodles , I went to the link to sign up for the alpha. It stated in the link that if you preordered you were automatically accepted. Well, I preordered and it didn't come with a code or anything and I forgot to inquire at GameStop. I was going to ask them next time I went in, but was curious if you knew anything about that?

Thanks!!!

Hey @Noodles , I went to the link to sign up for the alpha. It stated in the link that if you preordered you were automatically accepted. Well, I preordered and it didn't come with a code or anything and I forgot to inquire at GameStop. I was going to ask them next time I went in, but was curious if you knew anything about that?

Thanks!!!
It doesn't look like the offer applies to GameStop pre-orders unfortunately. You have to have pre-ordered from one of these participating retailers mate... Amazon, Best Buy, Target or Walmart. There's a bit more info on it here. I hope that helps! :)

Reactions: mlmaier84
Anyone actually been able to play this yet? I've been trying all day with no luck (servers are apparently full). :(

Well this sucks for PS4 owners and would explain why myself and a few friends still haven't been able to connect to their servers...

We have some unfortunate news to share with folks planning to participate in the Big Alpha test on PlayStation 4 starting today. Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution.

Reactions: tonybsg
In the ultimate game of hide and seek, a group of four set out together to hunt down their friend. But before they can catch him, he evolves into something they could never expect. Hunt together. Kill alone. Choose your side.

Featuring “Ready or Not” by Scala and Kolacny Brothers.