Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #18) [Czech Republic]

Oct 28, 2013
Release date: October 2, 2015
Purchase link: FilmArena (sold out)
Price: 699 CZK (26.57)
Notes: Limited to 751 copies

Group Buy (closed): carllenc

ex machina.jpg

film_21522_1.jpg11816015_1162777940405425_843294735_n.jpg11774666_1162777947072091_1014548462_n.jpg

- WWA steelbook - same as Zavvi etc. (even though it looks little different from these photos - it is because of light)
- front embossed; back "AVA" title debossed
ex_machina_03.jpg

ex_machina_04.jpg
ex_machina_11.jpg
ex_machina_13.jpg

ex_machina_18.jpg

ex_machina_17.jpg

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English; DTS 5.1 Czech, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish; Dolby Digital 5.1 Polish, Russian, Thai, Turkish
Subtitles: English, Czech, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
Region: ABC

Extras:
- The Story (00:02:17)
- The Cast (00:03:08)
- The Design (00:02:48)
- Creating Ava (00:03:17)
- The Turing Test (00:01:51)

-Single Blu-ray disc SteelBook,
- WEA FullSlip original packaging, with an attractive finish,
- Lenticular magnet with 3D effect of AVA,
- 32-page PhotoBook,
- Collectible Character Cards with protagonists,
- Collectible Art Cards art cards with interior design sketches,
- Numbered Plastic Collectible Card and of course a Holographic Sticker with the indication of the number of your Collector's Edition,
- And also a special bonus in the form of Collectible Poster with technical drawing of AVA Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny that if you wait long enough or search enough posts that eventually the scalper issue comes back out. I've refrained from posting anything before so here goes. I get that collectors want to get items at what they feel are "fair" values, but that is not how society goes. The fact that some of these steels have been released years ago and are in short supply and obviously no longer available makes them valuable. You don't see car collectors going out and saying, well i want a mint condition 1969 shelby cobra but i only think you should sell it for twice what you paid for it. Ridiculous!. And the people that are complaining that scalpers are marking their products up too high....what about the titles that they bought and they end up selling at a loss because nobody wants them. It's basic business, sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose money, but in the end you hope that you make a little more than you lose. Nobody here seems to crucify the guy here that gets that great deal on ebay? Who writes a post saying that that buyer took advantage of that seller? It's always easy to judge from one side of the fence. I was just negotiating with someone about selling 8 steels. I was asking my cost to get them (not even including the shipping) plus 25 bucks of "profit" + actual shipping costs to the buyer. When paypal fees are done i would be making a whopping maybe 2.75 per steel for my time. Some of the titles were selling for more than original price on the bay, but i figured help a guy out and average it out to break even'ish. But nope, he offered less than my original cost and is now looking on groups for "reasonable prices". So in short, if you are so quick to call one side out, why don't you call out the other?

If scalpers didn't exist, more of us would be able to buy steelbooks. Scalpers don't buy just one or two copies, they buy a lot of them and that's what angers me about them. They don't give us the opportunity to buy them at a retailers price and we have to resort to extortion prices on bay.

But I know how you feel about selling steelbooks. Some people are just awful when it comes to price negotiating. It happened to you, me and a whole bunch of other people, I'm sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
Its funny that if you wait long enough or search enough posts that eventually the scalper issue comes back out. I've refrained from posting anything before so here goes. I get that collectors want to get items at what they feel are "fair" values, but that is not how society goes. The fact that some of these steels have been released years ago and are in short supply and obviously no longer available makes them valuable. You don't see car collectors going out and saying, well i want a mint condition 1969 shelby cobra but i only think you should sell it for twice what you paid for it. Ridiculous!. And the people that are complaining that scalpers are marking their products up too high....what about the titles that they bought and they end up selling at a loss because nobody wants them. It's basic business, sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose money, but in the end you hope that you make a little more than you lose. Nobody here seems to crucify the guy here that gets that great deal on ebay? Who writes a post saying that that buyer took advantage of that seller? It's always easy to judge from one side of the fence. I was just negotiating with someone about selling 8 steels. I was asking my cost to get them (not even including the shipping) plus 25 bucks of "profit" + actual shipping costs to the buyer. When paypal fees are done i would be making a whopping maybe 2.75 per steel for my time. Some of the titles were selling for more than original price on the bay, but i figured help a guy out and average it out to break even'ish. But nope, he offered less than my original cost and is now looking on groups for "reasonable prices". So in short, if you are so quick to call one side out, why don't you call out the other?

The only issues I have are members taking advantage of Group Buys to re-sell them, that is not fair to the GB host who work so hard to bring us those releases at a decent price. Also members keeping quoting ebay prices on release threads, it is not where it should be discussed as there is a dedicated ''ebay Thread'' on HDN for this.

Other than that it is simply the Law of supply and demand.

Last edited: