Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Extraction 2

Director: Sam Hargrave

Cast: Chris Hemsworth

extraction_two_ver4.jpeg

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Ma... we are having a great year for action movies. JW4 was amazing and then this comes along with that insane oner that was just bonkers.
Why is it that stunt guys are turning into the best directors? Hargrave and Stahelski are killing it.

This is a solid follow up to the first one and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

This one was definitely a worthy sequel to the first one and that long one shot sequence was awesome. I really liked Nik’s increased role, she had some really badass scenes. This creative team has really been killing it lately and I hope to see more.

Reactions: kaw and TheWildEye
This one was definitely a worthy sequel to the first one and that long one shot sequence was awesome. I really liked Nik’s increased role, she had some really badass scenes. This creative team has really been killing it lately and I hope to see more.
Yep. Agreed. I love the sister & brother dynamic. Adds alot to the film. All the actors have great chemistry as well.

Wow, just watched the first half, when I realized this was that long one-take scene, I went back to its beginning, at 26:15, and it ended up being over 21 minutes long, finishing at about 47:30!
We've seen long takes in the car, and on the streets, like in Children of Men, but shorter and separately, while this one combines numerous techniques. It goes from handheld to drone flying, to body attached to show the character's shock from being hit on the head, to inside the car, outside, the train with the helicopters - that was like GTA V! Amazing!
I'm sure there are hidden cuts, and maybe CGI helped blend them together, but there was nothing so masterful and long before. I've always been saying that cinema is visual art, and this is the best way to draw a viewer in and tell the story.
Why is it that stunt guys are turning into the best directors? Hargrave and Stahelski are killing it.
That's because they know what they're doing, and this is our generation - young Gen X and older Millenials - that grew up on better movies and got tired of new epileptic thousand cuts per minute crap some started to churn out to hide their inadequacies!

Reactions: kaw