Fantasia (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 10, 2017
Purchase link: Fantasia (Pre-order March 5 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £22.99

IMG_6259.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy that this is getting a re-release, as the original steelbook was a disaster. However, I still wish Zavvi would be more honest about how they promote this series of re-releases (The Disney Collection on Zavvi mixes the old series with the new, using two different numbering systems. So we have two Zavvi exlusive Frozen steelbooks promoted as if they were part of the same collection (the original is The Disney Collection #12, the new lenticular one is The Disney Collection #52). I prefer the chronological Disney numbering, of course, but the listings for the old releases should be changed to reflect the new standard.

I would love Disney and Zavvi to do a 3D steel of Little Mermaid. I've been after the 3D disc for ages but it's more than I paid for the steel.

UK sadly never got the 3D (I was lucky to have a regular trading partner in the states at the time, so got it fairly cheap)

Dispised having to buy two copies to get a 3D steelbook, but sadly thats how it had to be done with certain titles ie BATB Metalpack, Thor/CA1 and am sure there are a few others

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
I'm still waiting for these price drops...
I don't think these lenti's will sell out as fast as we initially thought. Waiting for their next promotion.

Aforementioned they are sitting on a huge pile of Steelbooks that haven't sold well due to various reasons. The only way to clear them is via fire sales. I expect some of the Lenticular Steels to be dropped to 14.99 first, to 12.99 next and 9.99 on a worst case scenario.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
would pick these up for a tenner, but as they are like the 3rd 4th or 5th home releases of some of the movies, am not willing to shell out too much for them.

UK sadly never got the 3D (I was lucky to have a regular trading partner in the states at the time, so got it fairly cheap)

Dispised having to buy two copies to get a 3D steelbook, but sadly thats how it had to be done with certain titles ie BATB Metalpack, Thor/CA1 and am sure there are a few others

I brought the empty Metalpak and then the Italian 3D Diamond Edition for BATB. Pricey but you're right it had to be done.

I've done it for a few other steels where I've just brought the 3D discs on eBay auctions. I wish Scanavo would sell the plastic inserts separately so I can swap out the insides to hold all the discs.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and Headhunter
I brought the empty Metalpak and then the Italian 3D Diamond Edition for BATB. Pricey but you're right it had to be done.

I've done it for a few other steels where I've just brought the 3D discs on eBay auctions. I wish Scanavo would sell the plastic inserts separately so I can swap out the insides to hold all the discs.
same, but the UK 3D set(s) - yes I just remember I tripled dipped for the 3D *facepalm* lol

I have little hub things for the disc's but am reluctant to use them anymore after it cracked an Iron Man 2nd disc of mine :(
The trays would be more ideal if am honest

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
I expect some of the Lenticular Steels to be dropped to 14.99 first, to 12.99 next and 9.99 on a worst case scenario.
"Best case scenario" I think you mean, mon ami :naughty:
(picked up some of these end of last year but hoping to pick up the others at better prices . . . fingers crossed)
================================================================================================================
Looking at these in-hand images I'd say that FANTASIA looks fine with lenti . . . BIG HERO 6 less so . . .
Embossed titles? Doesn't look like it at least on BH 6. Hopefully on FANTASIA . . .
C9UI_upWAAMq_NL.jpg
13549377_500292703513333_1154929974_n.jpg

Now we just need a FANTASIA 2000 lenti steelbook with this image on the lenticular to go with this newly released FANTASIA lenti steelbook:-
II
V
upload_2017-4-15_1-21-17.png

EDIT20th April: Pics of the open steelbook courtesy another site:-
(Zero finish again with flat title again)

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Zavvi arrived today. Nice... they included free Tic Tacs. Not so nice... the Tic Tacs were loose in the package on top of the Steel... damaging the shrink wrap.
fantasia.jpg