Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: March 12, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

fb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm disappointed. For $35, every steelbook should at the very least have embossing and gloss. If they're not going to spend the time to give us a quality product that they're already upcharging, then why should we spend top dollar for a low quality steelbook.

For the most part I've given up on WB with any domestic steelbook. The only option for a long time has been a premium edition.

For the most part I've given up on WB with any domestic steelbook. The only option for a long time has been a premium edition.
If this was a particular movie I was really excited and thrilled to own, I would probably wait and seek out a better version. But as I'm mainly doing this because I enjoyed the first and have HP1-8 and FB1, gotta keep the collection whole.

But seriously, if Fox can do full gloss on the mexifunk wave from last year, WB can certainly do gloss on something from the Harry Potter universe

• Thanks
Reactions: wjasoncul
If this was a particular movie I was really excited and thrilled to own, I would probably wait and seek out a better version. But as I'm mainly doing this because I enjoyed the first and have HP1-8 and FB1, gotta keep the collection whole.

But seriously, if Fox can do full gloss on the mexifunk wave from last year, WB can certainly do gloss on something from the Harry Potter universe

I agree, I think it's just WB has always seemed to be the basic of the steelbook world in the USA

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles
ANyone else get theirs cancelled? I just noticed one of mine was cancelled and they charged me for the digital copy they were giving away for free. Seems highly illegal to me that they can do this.

The nordic release with the 3D disc has a slightly different finish.

Nordic on left US on right

Its difficult to pick up on camera but the Nordic release has more of a metallic finish that shines as well as being more blue than purple.
Both are matt but the US release you can sort of see the grain of the metal through the paint.
Webp.net-resizeimage copy.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
back.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: howarmat and DMD4k