Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Genre: Drama, Family, Fantasy

Director: David Yates

Cast: Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp, Ezra Miller, Katherine Waterston, Jude Law, Zoë Kravitz, Carmen Ejogo, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, Jessica Williams, William Nadylam, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Kevin Guthrie, Brontis Jodorowsky, Tim Ingall, Deano Bugatti, Derek Riddell, David Sakurai, Fiona Glascott, Wolf Roth, Victoria Yeates, Derek Riddell, Poppy Corby-Tuech, Cornell John, Callum Forman, Bernardo Santos, Sabine Crossen, Johanna Thea, Alexandra Ford, Donna Preston, Jag Patel, Nasir Jama, Liv Hansen, Jason Redshaw, Annarie Boor, Deepak Anand, Nick Owenford, Jeremy Oliver, Dave Simon, Aykut Hilmi, Andrew Blackall, Simon Wan, Phil Hodges, Stephen McDade, Israel Ruiz, Michael Haydon, Linda Santiago, Sean Gislingham, Tahir Burhan, Sean Coleman, Adrian Wheeler, Morrison Thomas, Andrew Turner, Natalie Lauren, Alfrun Rose, Jan Freygang, Ryan Hannaford, Connor Wolf, Maja Bloom, Andy Summers

Release: 2018-11-08

Plot: Gellert Grindelwald has escaped imprisonment and has begun gathering followers to his cause—elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one capable of putting a stop to him is the wizard he once called his closest friend, Albus Dumbledore. However, Dumbledore will need to seek help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
just booked my tickets for this then noticed something very strange.
booked imax but then at the end it said imax 2d
so rechecked all options and saw
1.imax
2.3d
3.2d

so by the look of it they have not filmed imax in 3d which for is a first, unless is a mistake by odeon website.

has anyone else noticed this when booking theres at any other cinema brand?

basil :thumbs:
From their Wikipedia page
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will have its world premiere in Paris on 8 November 2018 and is scheduled to be released worldwide on 16 November 2018 in Real D 3D and IMAX 3D, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

On my ticket, it says 3D...

Reactions: Basil
seems they are trying to discourage 3D IMAX for this movie with many local cinemas(well, the 3 near me) only have one 3D out of 5 IMAX screenings per day for this

shame as I wanted to go 3D and expected IMAX to be 3D - its the second movie of late where there are barely, if any, 3D options...

seems they are trying to discourage 3D IMAX for this movie with many local cinemas(well, the 3 near me) only have one 3D out of 5 IMAX screenings per day for this

shame as I wanted to go 3D and expected IMAX to be 3D - its the second movie of late where there are barely, if any, 3D options...
Films like this scream out to be watched in 3D on the biggest screen possible. Boy, studios in the States really seem to want to see the back of 3D as a consumer format.

Films like this scream out to be watched in 3D on the biggest screen possible. Boy, studios in the States really seem to want to see the back of 3D as a consumer format.
Am based in the UK...this is the 3rd movie that’s had a 3D shafting of late (first, no Incredibles 2 3D screenings for the first two weeks, then no Venom IMAX, just a few standard 3D and now this....)
Granted this is just at one cinema chain(have an unlimited card so exclusively go to the same chain)

Yet things like the Marvel movies were 3D only in IMAX - where is the balance!?

fantastic_beasts_the_crimes_of_grindelwald-newposter.jpg

just spoke with odeon manager when went today and she said apparently algardely its what imax give them and they have no choice.
also reckons imax are doing this because 3d format is dying. she said also aload of imax films have been non 3d for odeon.
lol america can do it no problem.
personally i believe odeon have the choice made at head office and i bet it saves them some money. one way to make more money for odeon dont get a cheaper ticket for non 3d imax now do you.
but for me is easy i wont be going to any more imax films its 1hr drive to get there for me.
goto my local cinema now and save a fiver, bloody stupid.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Just saw this.
Enjoyed this. Bring on Part 3. LOTS of questions to be answered!

Finded this one to have some great nice nods to the Wizarding world! :)