Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 7th September 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
HMV UK
HMV IE
Price: £19.99 (HMV UK) - £22.99 (Zavvi) - €24.99 (HMV IE)

1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Its available exclusive from 2 retailers in the UK from Zavvi and HMV
That's makes it a UK exclusive as its not available trade wide UK with all UK retailers

When a release it not exclusive any retailer can sell it that's the difference

Does that mean that American Sniper (HMV&Fopp) and Nightcrawler (HMV&EOneDirect) were also UK exclusives?

Does that mean that American Sniper (HMV&Fopp) and Nightcrawler (HMV&EOneDirect) were also UK exclusives?
This is slightly different as HMV own the majority of FOPP stores (so they were just selling American Sniper through a subsidiary of their company) and eOne are the distributors of the Nightcrawler Steelbook (again only between themselves and HMV) So no other 'outside' retailer were involved with those two.

• Informative
Reactions: eLviS1987
Should this thread not be merged with the original thread created considering its available from both HMV and Zavvi
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/fast-furious-7-blu-ray-steelbook-uk.64305/
Fopp stores is part of HMV they purchased the stores in 2007 and when HMV went into administration in 2013 they were taken over by Hilco UK

Nightcrawler was originally EOneDirect on its own until they changed their mind and gave it to HMV as an exclusive

• Informative
Reactions: eLviS1987
In real term it doesn't mean anything at all. It is identical in all respects bar the J-card to all other Dodge Wheel steelbooks.

p.s. @DullyEL - that's a bloody expensive way of getting just a blu-disc matey.

p.p.s. HMV's 'new' packaging is of course the same as Amazon's alternative steelbook box - generally very good and safe.

I know it's ridiculous that I've spent so much on one movie and kind of regret it.

If all you want is the disc you'd have done better biding your time and waiting for the regular amaray to drop - they come down to about £6 on amazon.it - Probably your way forward to get two complete steels out of it anyway.

That was actually what I was thinking as I got both FAC editions on order. I may have to sell this one.

Reactions: JackRegan
Should this thread not be merged with the original thread created considering its available from both HMV and Zavvi
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/fast-furious-7-blu-ray-steelbook-uk.64305/

Fopp stores is part of HMV they purchased the stores in 2007 and when HMV went into administration in 2013 they were taken over by Hilco UK

Nightcrawler was originally EOneDirect on its own until they changed their mind and gave it to HMV as an exclusive

. . . and not forgetting the 'Monsters: Dark Continent' steelbook.

Note a squeak from those happy to grumble about b/w EIV steelbooks inside art and now we are offered this - - - - - - - - - - - with b/w art on the OUTSIDE (n)
Unbelievable !
I suppose this is OK for those that would have preferred Stuntman Mike's muscle car on the front of the 'Grindhouse' steelbook instead of the lovely Rose McGowan . . .
Another contender for worst steelbook of the year, methinks.

Last edited: