Field of Dreams (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 26, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99

Field of Dreams.jpg
Back.jpg Field of dreams open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen this film but liking the wraparound artwork . . . my encounters with baseball limited solely to Steve McQueen bouncing his baseball against his cell wall and catching it in his mitt in occasional viewings of THE GREAT ESCAPE
1621983820721.png

Never seen the film, but heard good things! Like the artwork on this too, even if they could've done a bit more with the back. I don't expect it to sell out any time soon anyway, so will wait for a price drop, or at least until the 10% code works.

Never seen this film may have to watch it now.

Haven't seen this film but liking the wraparound artwork . . . my encounters with baseball limited solely to Steve McQueen bouncing his baseball against his cell wall and catching it in his mitt in occasional viewings of THE GREAT ESCAPE
View attachment 506863

Never seen the film, but heard good things! Like the artwork on this too, even if they could've done a bit more with the back. I don't expect it to sell out any time soon anyway, so will wait for a price drop, or at least until the 10% code works.
if it helps, i have no interest in baseball at all, but i like this film. :thumbs: maybe not enough to buy it, but it deserves a steel release. Costner when he was in that earnest but entertaining phase, and a great turn from James Earl Jones. occasionally sentimental, it taps into that indomitable spirit, stay true to your dreams thing, with a side order of quirk. plus it's got a bona fide screen legend in a secondary role. :)

although it will of course be a spoiler, it also has my favourite savage James Earl Jones line of all time :LOL: (just before end of first minute in the video under the spoiler, watch the full minute if playing):

Reactions: Noodles and karl01
if it helps, i have no interest in baseball at all, but i like this film. :thumbs: maybe not enough to buy it, but it deserves a steel release. Costner when he was in that earnest but entertaining phase, and a great turn from James Earl Jones. occasionally sentimental, it taps into that indomitable spirit, stay true to your dreams thing, with a side order of quirk. plus it's got a bona fide screen legend in a secondary role. :)

although it will of course be a spoiler, it also has my favourite savage James Earl Jones line of all time :LOL: (just before end of first minute in the video under the spoiler, watch the full minute if playing):

Couldn't agree more with you summary. Love the film, only film to make me cry a little as a man or boy! Still not sure I would purchase as a steel though.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
It was certainly a 'classic' feel-good American movie, and if you have an interest in baseball films, of course, the all-time classic was 'The Natural' with Redford.

And 'if you build it they will come' is a line I've heard used thousands of times by various people who probably don't even know it came from 'Field of Dreams.'

Reactions: Scraggy
Damn, was hoping the gloss might make an appearance finally...

Just saw the BB vid above,, so the first was gloss as I recalled.

The cheapasslazy producers keep taking the money and adding, less...

Reactions: jasong