Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Thinking of joining the GB? (HMV need an estimate)

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing this got cancelled then. Just been in HMV and no sign of it

I wanted to pre-order this Steelbook at HMV about 2 weeks ago and when I went over to the till ask them about it they said it wasn't listed on their system for pre-order as Steelbook. So yeah I guess this Steelbook got cancelled.

I'm guessing this got cancelled then. Just been in HMV and no sign of it

I wanted to pre-order this Steelbook at HMV about 2 weeks ago and when I went over to the till ask them about it they said it wasn't listed on their system for pre-order as Steelbook. So yeah I guess this Steelbook got cancelled.
giphy.gif

That was a close call! Glad HMV saw sense in the end!!!!!! :D

Reactions: bigstevie8582
I guess this is why HMV needed an estimate on whether to green light this one or not. Surprised in a way, the reception was not great but the £££ wasn't bad at all.

Reactions: psychoscot
I guess this is why HMV needed an estimate on whether to green light this one or not. Surprised in a way, the reception was not great but the £££ wasn't bad at all.
It made a great deal of money in the first week then ticket sales dropped by over 70% as word of mouth spread that it was garbage. It was a one hit wonder. That alone let's the studio know it's not going to sell that well on home formats, and limited editions which based on years of market research are mainly bought by guys = steelbook wouldn't be worthwhile and likely to end up being reduced in price. [emoji4]

There's always the
So is this not happening?

What's the nicest version in UK?

The "nicest" version so tar appears to be the forthcoming (on the 2 / 11 / 15) Limited Edition Digibook - the only problem ATM is that it's listed @GBP 28.75 on Amazon though of course this price will probably halve between now and release . . .

I think the vast majority of SteelBook collector's aren't the kind who would want this in their collections. I just wish other retailers would field polls like this before releasing titles that don't deserve a SteelBook.

I think the vast majority of SteelBook collector's aren't the kind who would want this in their collections. I just wish other retailers would field polls like this before releasing titles that don't deserve a SteelBook.

That makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out why Interstellar was released pretty much everywhere worldwide but not the UK. Sure, we got a digibook but why not both? Maybe a poll for a future Warner/Universal catalogue title?

this film is only for ladies :)

That is not True, I double dipped in the FS Exclusive, wonderful Spot Gloss Treatment Steel, really nice one. I am on the third book and not looking forward to finishing it as I am enjoying this light reading(it's not the greatest written novels but entertaining). Lots of Guys do like the movie even though mainly ''female based'' audience, it is just that guys don't talk about it or don't mention they have bought it for fear of being ridiculed because of the double standard that was put upon the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.