Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £49.99

913OO3MEBqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous looking set. A real premium quality to it!
Sorta the norm now with Arrow's hard box releases, they are always great quality and I think what they normally cost they are a great package :thumbs:
Didn't bother with this release as not really a fan of this but after seeing Paul's photos, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this and just pick one up :LOL::wow:

Sorta the norm now with Arrow's hard box releases, they are always great quality and I think what they normally cost they are a great package :thumbs:
Didn't bother with this release as not really a fan of this but after seeing Paul's photos, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this and just pick one up :LOL::wow:
0E03FF84-BC6B-4BFA-B099-92BE1719652F.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Robles
Mine went out for delivery yesterday from amazon, then randomly was sent back before delivery was attempted and i was refunded...apparently it was damaged in transit, no apologies or anything.

Reactions: Robles
Mine went out for delivery yesterday from amazon, then randomly was sent back before delivery was attempted and i was refunded...apparently it was damaged in transit, no apologies or anything.
I had this happen to me before with the Oldboy release :wow: Ended up getting it from Amazon a couple of weeks later when it came back in stock for £15 cheaper than the first time around :thumbs::LOL:

Now sold out on Zavvi.

Looks like I got in just on time as I was going to leave it till the weekend before ordering :D :whistle:

Reactions: snow flake
Had this ordered and canceled a few weeks ago seen it was sold out and back in stock but just could not get this for them as packing is crap.
And i belbeleive these are not that sturdy.

Well, got this and the steel. Nice steel but it looks dull compared to the collectors edition. This is a cracking set. So much going on. Love it. Studio Canal really know what they are doing with these

Had this ordered and canceled a few weeks ago seen it was sold out and back in stock but just could not get this for them as packing is crap.
And i belbeleive these are not that sturdy.
The slipbox is a rigid hard box
The digpack inside the box is standard fold out material

OK, went ahead and ordered this from HMV earlier, (had 17 in stock), sold out again fast, but just couldn't risk ordering from Zavvi, (despite the 12% code), rather support HMV than the travesty of Zavvi...

GORDON’S ALIVE in 4K!

Gorgeous looking set prepared by Studio Canal for UK market is the best option from all that are prepared for the release of Flash Gordon in 4K. This edition has the biggest variety of disc and goodies compared to other countries, so watch out what you are buying as it may not be the same.

Digipack is stocked in very nice rigid hard box that reminds me of limited Arrow releases, however this is more glossy and some elements of it have holofoil effect. Size of it is similar to hard box sets from FilmArena, but little bit thinner. For protection I used pet sleeves aimed for that, so I have a gap around amaray width. Edition consists of 5 discs, film on 4K and BD as well as special features and future length new documentary – Life After Flash. Last disc is CD Queen Soundtrack.

This edition feels like premium and it is for those who remember old school collector’s edition from the past (ex. Troy Ultimate Collector’s Edition on DVD). Fantastic package with posters, artcards, booklets gives an impression that producers wanted to celebrate anniversary with this release. Collector’s booklet and minibook are nice however comic book strip is so small that it’s hard to have fun with reading it. It’s so spectacular set that I miss only some kind of letter from the cast or crew with foreword or something like that – about their feelings how it looks in 4K after so many years.

Great job, Studio Canal – I am hungry for more treatment like this! See you with the new video!

GORDON’S ALIVE in 4K!

Gorgeous looking set prepared by Studio Canal for UK market is the best option from all that are prepared for the release of Flash Gordon in 4K. This edition has the biggest variety of disc and goodies compared to other countries, so watch out what you are buying as it may not be the same.

Digipack is stocked in very nice rigid hard box that reminds me of limited Arrow releases, however this is more glossy and some elements of it have holofoil effect. Size of it is similar to hard box sets from FilmArena, but little bit thinner. For protection I used pet sleeves aimed for that, so I have a gap around amaray width. Edition consists of 5 discs, film on 4K and BD as well as special features and future length new documentary – Life After Flash. Last disc is CD Queen Soundtrack.

This edition feels like premium and it is for those who remember old school collector’s edition from the past (ex. Troy Ultimate Collector’s Edition on DVD). Fantastic package with posters, artcards, booklets gives an impression that producers wanted to celebrate anniversary with this release. Collector’s booklet and minibook are nice however comic book strip is so small that it’s hard to have fun with reading it. It’s so spectacular set that I miss only some kind of letter from the cast or crew with foreword or something like that – about their feelings how it looks in 4K after so many years.

Great job, Studio Canal – I am hungry for more treatment like this! See you with the new video!

It's a beautiful overall package
The StudioCanal release has more booklets and CD Soundtrack but is missing extras on the 4K and Blu-ray discs compared to Arrow Video USA/Canada Limited Edition releases

Arrow release 4K and Blu-ray limited edition has same 4K/Blu-ray disc extras as StudioCanal release but also has a few extras not included on the StudioCanal 4K UHD/Blu-ray discs

There is also a big difference when it comes to the Life After Flash Blu-ray Disc
StudioCanal Disc of Life after Flash only has the documentey no extras on that Disc

Arrow Video the blu-ray of Life After Flash included in both their 4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition releases has all previous extras that was on the standalone release of Life after Flash Blu-ray and DVD release

I have the StudioCanal 5 Disc collectors Edition and also will soon have the Arrow Video Limited Edition

Reactions: galareta2332
Just curious anyone who purchased this from zavvi what did they send it in? Jiffy bag or box.
As we are limited on where we can get stuff sent here these days i had this pre ordered but canceled last minute. As zavvi at not know for packing most things well.
I had planned to buy elsewhere but all of sudden this was sold out everywhere.
I found copies on bay here and cost more but why risk the long wait from uk and delays and possible damage so grabbed it here.
Arrives today with layer of bubble wrap and home made cardboard wrapped around it and in a bag.
What is wrong with sellers these days they cant box things and pack well.
Arrives damaged just cant win these days.

I had also purchased a gamera set from same seller who did same but even worse than flash with home made cardboard around it again and one layer of bubble around and in bag.
Luckily it has minor dings and escaped major damage had i not paid the express god knows how it would have looked.

These items aint cheap but why do they skimp on packing this is my second gamera set my first one the retailer admitted to fault of how poor it waa packed. Luckily i got lucky with this from seller here, but asking to pack well they still dont listen.

I have the total recall collectors edition on pre order but zavvi are just cowboys when it comes packing and i more likely cancel it as well like i did with flash its just annoying that retailers dont back that well these days.
Im having a very bad run of items lately and ifs not the post its packing if packing is done right then normally no issues.
Sometimes i wonder why i bother collecting.

Wonder if these will show up again somewhere? having canceled my zavvi order orginally in the fear of it arriving damaged and finding out a guy here his arrived perfect from zavvi just typical.
Im going to have to send mine back to the seller as not only did i pay more than most places its not something i want to keep the damage it has just be nice to own this witbout issues.
Are these available in hmv stores?