Forbidden Planet (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Sci-Fi Destination Series #1) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: Includes poster

FP.jpg

FP (inside).jpg

FP (open).jpg

FP (poster).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like that but I’m not interested because the original steel is good enough and the film just don’t warrant multiple purchases for me but I’m interested in what this wave tackles next

Poster and art same as the one from the HMV amaray line.
So maybe more steels from the same line. (see below)

I thought I had seen this before. Yep I think you’re right. And that style art only suits the forbidden planet film because of its age and the style of its previous posters. The others will be a pass except possibly cloud atlas if they do it

I kinda like the 2001 and the colours used but again would pass. Don’t like the film enough for owing it 3 times

Same handful of dogshit titles getting released again and again. How about some new titles with steelbook releases?

Oh well I guess it's money saved. This is the first time since 2014 I don't have any outstanding steelbook orders... That's got to tell you something... If only these studios would release some films that don't have steelbooks

Reactions: Flloydo
I like a lot of those Amarays. Definitely interested in steelbooks, but the price would need to be cheap, so i could justify not having a 4K disc there and getting it separately.
Also i would prefer a satin finish here and not gloss.

Same handful of dogshit titles getting released again and again. How about some new titles with steelbook releases?

Oh well I guess it's money saved. This is the first time since 2014 I don't have any outstanding steelbook orders... That's got to tell you something... If only these studios would release some films that don't have steelbooks

Ditto. First time since seriously collecting (so 8ish years) I have no steel pre orders with zavvi/ HMV etc apart form the couple of premiums I’ve already paid for. I suppose the no new films being released also has a part to play too

Happy to see this new one in retro style although this would've been good too or this one from Kilian Eng ...
1610671783702.png
1610672569872.png

... so different to all of the previous FP releases in the UK which have been very similar:-
1610670776805.png
1610670956201.png
1610671138776.png

Hopefully the new one is priced sensibly at no more than the original (and best) from Entertainment Store @£14.99.

Another idea would've been steelbooks based on Justin Mezzell's geometric designs ...
1610672151468.png
1610672210470.png
1610672175806.png

... but maybe that's too far out to be comfortable.

Poster and art same as the one from the HMV amaray line.
So maybe more steels from the same line. (see below)
They are trade wide releases available from multiple retailers in UK and Ireland

Sci-Fi - Film (warnerbros.co.uk)

16 Sci-Fi film titles

Threads for each of these in slipcover forum section

(5) Slipcover - Logan's Run (1976) (Blu-ray Slipcover) (Special Poster Edition) [UK] | Hi-Def Ninja - Pop Culture - Movie Collectible Community