Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 11 , 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £59.99

Friday The 13th Front.jpg

Friday 13th Back.jpg Friday 13th Inside.jpg

Last edited:
What about part 9 Jason goes to hell

SteelBooks can only fit 6 discs. I don't see how people can expect 10 or more movies in one SteelBook.

They already have 2 discs in this collection that will have 2 movies on each disc. The first 4 discs will have one movie each.

What about part 9 Jason goes to hell
Jason goes to hell is not paramount film
It's a new line film
Home media release is Warner in USA
It's included in the USA warner blu-ray complete metal tin collection that was a joint Warner/Paramount release and also in the Scream Factory Friday the 13th collection deluxe edition

Jason goes to Hell did not get a UK Blu-ray release

This steelbook has the 8 paramount films
It's the same as the previous UK paramount 8 fillm collection amaray release just re-packaged in a steelbook

• Informative
Reactions: DudleyMan
I have a few Blu-ray steelbooks that have the discs stacked on each side they did not get scratched or have any issues when using in my Blu-ray player
I’ve not had any trouble with scratching, but I really struggle to remove the discs from these stacked hubs without bending the discs more than seems safe. Perhaps there is some secret technique I have not yet mastered. I actually had one of the Walking Dead seasons arrive factory sealed with a crack across the centre hole of a disc. That hub was a particularly tight fit.

For GoT S8 I converted the stacked hub steelbook to a 4-disc variety just so I don’t risk damaging the discs.

Last edited:
Pointless release. If you want the complete set then go for the Scream Factory box set. Also, this release isn't going to use the new 4k scans of Parts 1 - 4 like the Scream Factory box set has I don't think.

Always had a soft spot for part 5 so I'm kinda impressed they put Roy Burns on the back, although I'm not convinced whoever came up with the artwork was aware that is 'imposter Jason' gracing the rear cover

Are you sure the US steelbook has them? I'm pretty sure you can't get the new remasters outside of the Scream Factory box set....
Here is a copy of description from Amazon USA:

Take a terrifying dip into the 8-Movie Paramount Pictures FRIDAY THE 13th collection, featuring every killer moment—starting in Camp Crystal Lake, and ending on the streets of Manhattan. The rampage begins with a group of counselors ignoring a wilderness camp’s “death curse.” Years ago, a young boy named Jason Voorhees drowned, and a series of vicious murders occurred thereafter. One by one they find out how unlucky Friday the 13th can be, as they are stalked by a violent killer. The bloodbath continues with each movie—one of the most celebrated horror franchises of all time. This collection contains newly remastered editions of the original theatrical cut of FRIDAY THE 13TH(1980), FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2, FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3, and FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER.

It is unclear as to whether or not it is the same as Shout Factories release.

Amazon product

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Here is a copy of description from Amazon USA:

Take a terrifying dip into the 8-Movie Paramount Pictures FRIDAY THE 13th collection, featuring every killer moment—starting in Camp Crystal Lake, and ending on the streets of Manhattan. The rampage begins with a group of counselors ignoring a wilderness camp’s “death curse.” Years ago, a young boy named Jason Voorhees drowned, and a series of vicious murders occurred thereafter. One by one they find out how unlucky Friday the 13th can be, as they are stalked by a violent killer. The bloodbath continues with each movie—one of the most celebrated horror franchises of all time. This collection contains newly remastered editions of the original theatrical cut of FRIDAY THE 13TH(1980), FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2, FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3, and FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER.

It is unclear as to whether or not it is the same as Shout Factories release.

Amazon product

Yes. It looks like you're right.

Just had a quick look online and Paramount have released new transfers for this series. At least in the U.S.

The regular Amaray release was released in august this year whilst the Steelbook is coming in October. I'm guessing they are using the same transfers Shout Factory did..? Wether the UK steelbook gets them, I don't know. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Unless someone else can confirm...?

UK unboxing

Not my video

Note UK release
Friday the 13th 8-Movie Collection Steelbook
First Film is the previous Warner UK Disc and not the remastered version

USA release
Friday the 13th 8-Movie Collection Steelbook
The First Film is the remastered version

Reactions: Noodles