Friday The 13th documentary later this year

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From First Showing:

For those who don't know, there's a pretty great book that takes a look at the long-running history of the horror franchise that started with Friday the 13th and his since become better known for its hockey mask wearing, machete wielding, and seemingly immortal slasher Jason Vorhees. It's called Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th and you can get the book from Amazon and even have it delivered to your Kindle. Now the team behind the Friday the 13th documentary called His Name Was Jason, is turning the book into an all-new documentary which will be released later this year.

Shock Til You Drop has the press release which announced the commencement of production on April 24th which "promises to give horror fans a unique insider’s look into the iconic horror series, featuring over 100 interviews with cast and crew spanning all twelve films and the television series, many of whom have never before publicly discussed their involvement in the long-running franchise." The new doc is written and directed by Daniel Farrands, the producer of His Name Was Jason and Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy, a 240-minute documentary on the Freddy Krueger horror franchise.

I'm not sure how much there is to be told that wasn't covered in His Name Was Jason, but with a plethora of films in its history and likely plenty of behind-the-scenes stories, it should be quite an extensive look at the Friday the 13th franchise. Panic Productions and Hutson Ranch Media hope to have the film done in time to be released before the end of the year. For more information and some publicity fluff, check head to Shock Til You Drop for the full press release.

I actually went to the book release party for Crystal Lake Memories... they played F13 part 1 with a new HD transfer in a theater and had drinks/mingling with cast/crew from all the movies.

But yeah... I agree with DB's point, I'm not sure how much info is out there at this point. Seems like they're grasping at straws. Why not just release the rest of the damn movies on BD?