frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: March 23, 2021
Purchase links: Best Buy - Target
Price: $16.99 (Best Buy) - $14.99 (Target)

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Pretty sure it did on the last one but it ended up being a steelbook. Unsure why they're using futurepak promo pics as that will just put people off ordering.
Pretty sure they are playing with both Scanavo and Futurepak and then decide based on pricing who will got the job.

Pretty sure they are playing with both Scanavo and Futurepak and then decide based on pricing who will got the job.
The main advantage of the FuturePak for the company ordering the product is the 500 instead of 4,000 minimum order.
Bit more info on the Novobox FuturePak:-

Reactions: DMD4k
After buying the Shout Factory box set, these steelbooks seem really pointless.
I purchased the Shout Factory box set complete with poster and lithograph (and now replacement discs) and yet still happily purchased the Steelbook for the first film and am excited for the second. I'm hoping they at least make the next two subsequent films in Steelbook form, as well. If they continue, there is a good chance I will sell my Shout Factory set...because I collect Steelbooks. Many casual viewers have no interest in investing in the boxset, but are happy to purchase Steelbooks for the installments they enjoy. This means there is actually a point to making them.

I purchased the Shout Factory box set complete with poster and lithograph (and now replacement discs) and yet still happily purchased the Steelbook for the first film and am excited for the second. I'm hoping they at least make the next two subsequent films in Steelbook form, as well. If they continue, there is a good chance I will sell my Shout Factory set...because I collect Steelbooks. Many casual viewers have no interest in investing in the boxset, but are happy to purchase Steelbooks for the installments they enjoy. This means there is actually a point to making them.
I collect steelbooks, too, but I'm skeptical they will release the entire line, which is why I think they are pointless. I would be more inclined to buy them if the artwork was something more creative and different. If they released all the movies as premium WEA steels with goodies, I would surely buy them. Plus, I also think these steels are pointless and a waste of money because they they will likely release all of these Friday the 13th movies in 4K at some point.

So you'd give up the superior PQ and extras for a steelbook case?

The movie comes first for me.

You could swap the discs from your box set into the steels but then the box set would be pointless and impossible to sell on.....

So you'd give up the superior PQ and extras for a steelbook case?

The movie comes first for me.

You could swap the discs from your box set into the steels but then the box set would be pointless and impossible to sell.
The movie comes first to me, as well; but any picture quality above standard Blu-ray is negligible to me. Once a movie begins I become entranced in the story to the point where I lose notice of higher quality resolution. The same can be said for 3D films. By minute 10 the novelty has passed and the narrative and characters are all that interest me. I have just shy of 4,500 DVDs/Blu-rays and, to be honest, some films I prefer at a lower quality output. That being said, I appreciate other people's affinity for enjoying media in the highest quality at their disposal. Many of my friends are in the industry here in LA and my cavalier view of anything exceeding 1080p baffles them.

I'm skeptical they will release the entire line
Would love to have the original ten, minus FvJ and the remake. See, the box perfectly holds 10 steelbooks plus the bonus disc, so that's what I would do (and swap the discs, of course):

50877311701_3a3e30342f_c.jpg

Sadly, no space left for the booklet in that case.

Oh, and if they'd only use this art for part V (Scream's choice really bothers me):

friday-the-13th-part-v-poster.jpg

Reactions: MM3
Would love to have the original ten, minus FvJ and the remake. See, the box perfectly holds 10 steelbooks plus the bonus disc, so that's what I would do (and swap the discs, of course):

50877311701_3a3e30342f_c.jpg

Sadly, no space left for the booklet in that case.

Oh, and if they'd only use this art for part V (Scream's choice really bothers me):

friday-the-13th-part-v-poster.jpg
If you're aiming for fine scratches on your steelbooks that the way to go.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Photos of the U.S. release from another site thanks to Tyrok.

Just posting this to show that it's another Paramount release that showed a mock-up of a MetalPak that is actually a SteelBook just like Part 1.

The same will be true for the Indiana Jones Collection SteelBooks which are also from Paramount.

1616019631933.png

Reactions: BluSteel2012