• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 10th, 2014
Price: $49.00
Print run: 1K (1/4 slip: 300) and (Lenticular: 700)
Notes: Disc : 2D+3D

Pre-order links: (SOLD-OUT)
1/4 slip:
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20066
Lenticular slip: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20065

GROUP BUY links: (SOLD-OUT)
Lenticular slip (300 units)
1/4 slip (100 units)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Full Lenticular Slip:
Frozen-Kimchi2.jpg

CONFIRMED LENTICULAR SLIPCOVER
13959876514432054.gif

1/4 Slip:
Frozen-Kimchi1.jpg

Packaging Type:
- Metallic shine 1/4 slip and embossed title. 300 print run
- Full size lenticular with amazing effect : 700 print run
- Frozen Numbered artcard : 1/4 slip: 1-300, lenticular: 1-700
- Pre-order gift: Non-exclusive plastic clear slipcover (same as Thor 2 Kimchi)
- Special gift: Clear slipcover with title on side
- 5 Major character artcard
- 2 Teaser Poster image poster card
- Frozen Kimchidvd exclusive sticker

Other infos:
Original poll for Lenticular image:
- Choice A
Frozen.jpg

- Choice B
frozen-825x1024_zpsccf62d56.jpg

- Choice C confirmed
13959876514432054.gif

[Kimchidvd Announcement]
This release is each one per one customer, you can only order 1x 1/4 slip and 1x lenticular
All duplication order WILL be cancelled without notice and do not refunded to paypal or credit card, it will be going to saving money(credits) on kimchidvd account

Pre-order time on Kimchi:
Pre-order date and time:
18th March, Korea Time: 10:00AM
18th March, Hong Kong Time: 9:00AM
17th March, US/Canada Time: 9:00PM ET, 6:00PM PT
18th March, UK Time: 1:00AM
18th March, Germany/France Time: 2:00AM

GB #1 time:
GO LIVE TIME #1 - 150 copies of Lenticular slip, 50 copies of 1/4 slip (available for 1 HOUR ONLY, or until all 150 & 50 spots reserved).

PT (Los Angeles, USA) Monday, 17 March 2014, 07:00 PM
ET (New York, USA) Monday, 17 March 2014, 10:00 PM
GMT - Tuesday, 18 March 2014 02:00 AM

GB #2 time:
GO LIVE TIME #2 - 150 copies of Lenticular slip, 50 copies of 1/4 slip - AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL REMAINING SPOTS of 300 & 100 RESERVED!

PT (Los Angeles, USA) Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 03:00AM
ET (New York, USA) Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 06:00AM
GMT - Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:00 AM

Important Notice

Before packaging today, Kimchidvd found some defect on poster card, so it need to take time to re-produce poster card

it means there will be shipping delay.

Attachments

• 10876045-1389291073-260794.jpg
    10876045-1389291073-260794.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 510
  • Frozen-835a8007.jpg
    Frozen-835a8007.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,002
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this will help:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/frozen-box-office-record_n_5191047.html
"Frozen" has broken another box office record, becoming the sixth highest-grossing movie of all time."

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2014/4/disney%E2%80%99s-frozen-breaks-record-for-highest-grossing-animated-film-56527/
"Guinness World Records can today confirm that Disney’s Frozen has edged past Toy Story 3 to become the highest box office film gross for an animation." EEK!

Since when did financial success ever equate to quality? Oh right, since never. :D The Raid II has bombed (theatrically/I'm sure it'll recoup on video release) and yet its assuredly already established itself as one of the greatest action films of all time by fans of the genre. Setting records and making megabucks doesn't convince me of anything other than the power of Disney's marketing and mass appeal.

Not trying to pee on anybody's party btw, if you have and love the steel good for you I'm glad you dig it - I just won't be one who ever comes asking to buy it off you for $200. ;)

Also saw someone from this site does own the number 1/300 too...so all 4 main numbers on this site yay :)

Yes you are right, I know who has 1/700, 700/700, 1/300 and 300/300

those are sweet as sugar can be :D

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I bought another copy :ohno: the number was too low, I can't stop myself I'm addicted :ohno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhiraj1
Yes you are right, I know who has 1/700, 700/700, 1/300 and 300/300

those are sweet as sugar can be :D

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I bought another copy :ohno: the number was too low, I can't stop myself I'm addicted :ohno:

Awesome job man. Why don't you get all the other steelbook versions of Frozen so you can have a complete set. There are like 8 so far (not counting Blufans) and eBay has a few at decent prices (well auction style). I have to say that Kimchi is the most outstanding so far, but France, HK, AUS (with the stickers), Switzerland, and Thailand are also pretty good.

Awesome job man. Why don't you get all the other steelbook versions of Frozen so you can have a complete set. There are like 8 so far (not counting Blufans) and eBay has a few at decent prices (well auction style). I have to say that Kimchi is the most outstanding so far, but France, HK, AUS (with the stickers), Switzerland, and Thailand are also pretty good.

Sort of like this ?

frozen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

As a collector some country I do not like to collect, do not like their finishes/ or are not distinct enough from the countries I prefer that I have already collected. Since most of the time, they share the release(same steelbook) I only invest in the dressing up that I prefer. So collecting all of the country is too expensive, not distinctive enough to make me want to purchase it, and also not all collectors like to collect some country. I have no interest in the release of some countries(I don't need to have the same steelbook 10 times with only minimal details different). And I do not seek Amaray versions as I do not collect them. I only collect what I love.

Last edited:
Frozen Kimchi is the reason I joined HDN.

I unfortunately missed the group buy, as I missed the release...by minutes.
I stayed on HDN to build my Kimchi collection...now I have nearly all of them, thanks to a few choice members here.

The BIG news for me (and it really is HUGE) is that Im expecting a box to arrive at my doorstep in the next few days with both the Frozen Kimchi releases.
I was fortunate to have what somebody wanted, so we did a trade.
I didn't succumb to the scalpers or evil bay merchants, although it was close at the beginning...when you get that buzz and you want it now feeling.
Its great some of you have significant numbers or 1 or 300 whatever...

I'm just happy to have it at all...nearly! :D

I stayed on HDN to build my Kimchi collection...now I have nearly all of them, thanks to a few choice members here.

The BIG news for me (and it really is HUGE) is that Im expecting a box to arrive at my doorstep in the next few days with both the Frozen Kimchi releases.
I didn't succumb to the scalpers or evil bay merchants, although it was close at the beginning...when you get that buzz and you want it now feeling.

I'm happy to hear you were able to built your kimchi collection with the help of fellow ninjas :)

For me Kimchi I love dearly but not all release, I'm very selective it has to call to me on an emotional level, I bout man y monsters Inc, Monsters University, Thors and countless Frozen(and I haven't even seen the movie but I aint opening a copy I paid at premium even the one I got upon release(at cost through the kimchi site)... so I ordered the regular copy the Taiwan first press with the nice clear slip with snow flake... I'll wait to get it to watch it as I am not opening a kimchi and lose half the value)

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

just waiting to find out how to upload the pictures

Reactions: max steelbook

@maxsteelbook: I'm happy you got the exclusive you wanted. Though it may not be Kimchi's best exclusive, I really love it. I'm always happy to see members helping ninjas out without much self interest. It is one of my favorite things about this community. I hope to see some pics of content!

P.S. Lovely collection @mnementh! I really hope you get that Olaf edition, you really deserve it for hunting down almost every exclusive ;)

Last edited:
what I love about this site, either you get help form fellow ninjas who aren't selfish or you get educated about how all of it works which is priceless. I have had the opportunity to be really educated on how everything works... which led me to start collecting, I made my own mistakes that cost me a lot of money(might pay off in 5 year) but for now I'm wiser and when i decide to collect it's for the love of the steel