Frozen II (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 30, 2020 (Standard Edition) - April 20 June 19, 2020 (Collector's Edition)
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)

frozen2.jpg 12370557-1744723040475984.jpg
12370400-1224738878352833.jpg
12370400-1164722740554461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Before red carpet there was no early access and them codes never seem to work on pre-orders, even the ones they email out, I've tried within the first few minutes of items being available to pre-order and they don't work. must be very rare or only on certain titles they do work, you lot are trying to make it sound like they work on everything
HDN Members been using 10% discount on Zavvi pre orders for years

You need to use a link and code not just the code itself
Link used often changes

Use of the 10% most times not working after launch of Red Carpet but did work a lot before this

Zavvi often disabled link and code a few min after going live

Before red carpet there was no early access and them codes never seem to work on pre-orders, even the ones they email out, I've tried within the first few minutes of items being available to pre-order and they don't work. must be very rare or only on certain titles they do work, you lot are trying to make it sound like they work on everything

Mate, I’ve used zavvi for 8ish years and 99% of my pre orders have been used with a 10% code. They work for the first 10/15/20 mins. Sometimes longer. Most listings also go live 20 mins earlier than their specified time too. Always been the case.

but since red carpet the welcome code won’t work when it goes on pre order for non red carpet. However, with red carpet, again all my pre orders have been made with a code. Just got to get there early.

Received a statement from Zavvi today.....

Dear customer, we are always trying new and innovative things to keep ahead in the game. I am excited to tell you that we can confirm that the collectors slipcover will be made of ice and if its not already destroyed by the time it gets to you, it must be stored in a freezer at all times for maximum enjoyment.....

The Zavvi team.

:naughty:

I'm guessing 2,000-3,000
New releases are usually 4,000 or more
Disney new releases print runs are lot higher depends on the title involved

It's back catalogue titles that is 2,000 to 3,000 print runs

Pre order only went live a week ago
You expecting to be sold that fast

New releases are usually 4,000 or more
Disney new releases print runs are lot higher depends on the title involved

It's back catalogue titles that is 2,000 to 3,000 print runs

Pre order only went live a week ago
You expecting to be sold that fast
Why not?
Some Marvel films sell out that quick and this film has a big following.

These collectors editions are a rip off though and I think people are slowly waking up to it.....

Why not?
Some Marvel films sell out that quick and this film has a big following.

These collectors editions are a rip off though and I think people are slowly waking up to it.....
Disney Classic animated new films have usually bigger than usual print runs which is why they take a few months to sell out

Most sales would be for the 3D or 4K steelbook

Collector's Edition likely will sell out soon but I expect that to come back in stock anyway

Interesting, none of these have sold out yet.

I thought there might have been big demand for this.....

Pricing is mental though!
Not really that interesting, bit odd adults wanting to buy this unless they collect every Disney release, it's a film for young kids who don't buy steelbooks, it's why Zavvi still have the first frozen 4K and mondo in stock, there's not really a massive demand for something like this on steelbook. You might even find these on sale at some point next year

Not really that interesting, bit odd adults wanting to buy this unless they collect every Disney release, it's a film for young kids who don't buy steelbooks, it's why Zavvi still have the first frozen 4K and mondo in stock, there's not really a massive demand for something like this on steelbook. You might even find these on sale at some point next year

not really true. Most collectors who collect WWA Disney will want this but @BluSteel2012 is right, prices are getting worse plus print runs are bigger

mondo didn’t sell out because not everyone likes mondo (plus mondo did a huge wave of Disney when most like a mix of films with mondo) and the other version is in stock because not everyone has 4K or wants to double/ triple dip at these high prices. Most went mad for the first wwa steel and Blufans release

if this was as cheap as the original release and didn’t have the expensive collectors editions then these wouldn’t of lasted long. Loads of collectors love frozen

...bit odd adults wanting to buy this unless they collect every Disney release, it's a film for young kids...

I don’t think this is « US » adults being odd wanting to buy this release(even though we might not buy all Disney films), more odd I would say is the person who wrote this comment :stop:

I don’t think this is « US » adults being odd wanting to buy this release(even though we might not buy all Disney films), more odd I would say is the person who wrote this comment :stop:
What's odd about saying the truth? It's an animated kids film aimed at young girls, there's nothing wrong with being into it or wanting to buy the steelbook but it's a little odd especially if you don't have kids, it's not a bad thing and I'm not trying to insult anyone it's just a little odd becasue as an adult you're not really supposed be into it but there's no law that says you can't.

I’m not the biggest fan of frozen (was better than I expected it to be and the new one looks decent) but I’m a Disney fan especially the animated films, I grew up with them and will always love them, always have good memories linked to certain films etc. But I’ll only collect the steels (and I own some blu rays/ DVDs of certain titles before I got into steel collecting)

One thing I am thankful for with zavvi is having a decent Disney collection. I’ll give them that.
And the good thing about these ‘kids films’ is that some are more adult than you realise as a kid and have great layered humour for the adults. That includes Frozen

Reactions: Noodles
Just to add to the argument... the price is also the main reason why I'm not pre-ordering this, plus the fact that the art will most likely suck - same reason I don't buy Marvel steels any more.

Reactions: Flloydo
Not bothering with this either, and as these Disney releases never sell out before release date in recent years, i'd wait for a drop or until in stock to use a discount code or in my case just not bother. I'm with noodles here, the terrible artwork of recent releases is the big reason i'm not interested, price, well that as well, a double whammy as some would say.

As for print runs, I think it's pretty obvious that this is likely going to be in the 6000 to 10000 range at least, greed has gone to zavvi's head recently....what with Marvel steels previously sold out, still in stock, and re-prints....it's just not fun anymore.

Or you could just be interested in the animation aspect of it.....?

Just because 'it's for girls' I shouldn't have an interest in it? Or it makes me some kind of pervert?! Wow! :rolleyes:

Seeing as I almost persued a career in computer animation I have an interest in all types of it. Who do you think makes these types of films? The animation fairies?

Also, if anything is going to sell out, it'll probably be the 3D version first as the 3D is never included in the U.S. anymore and there's a little demand for it......

One of the perks of getting a kid, you can go to Disney films without the feeling of being judged. I know I was more excited about Frozen 2 last Friday than my daughter was (I know I enjoyed it more than her as well). Who says these films are just for kids? I guess I shouldn't enjoy the likes of La La Land and The Greatest Showman as much as I do either as they're hardly 'macho' films either. One of the best things about HDN and the Steelbook community as a whole is that you can openly share your enjoyment of all kinds of films without the feeling of judgment :)