Frozen II (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 30, 2020 (Standard Edition) - April 20 June 19, 2020 (Collector's Edition)
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)

frozen2.jpg 12370557-1744723040475984.jpg
12370400-1224738878352833.jpg
12370400-1164722740554461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As Zavvi is a UK company it'll be formatted DD/MM/YY so it should be a week on Monday, although given the track record for these releases, I am skeptical that these dates will be met
That’s why I think it’ll be August, the original email was in Spanish and said 06/08/20 it was google translate that switched it around.

They sent 3 emails for the 3 different collector's editions (this, maleficent 2 and skywalker), all have the same date:

Disney’s Frozen 2 - Zavvi Exclusive Collector’s Edition Steelbook 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect your order to be dispatched on or before week commencing 08/06/2020.

So unless Zavvi started using the US format (Month first, then Day) and unless there are further delays, it's supposed to ship to customers by Monday 8, June...

Reactions: mams
So l am not too late to cancel this then, have steel already but just not sute i need this fancy packaging and more than li likely be sent in a bubble mailer and a mess anyway, i have the other maleficent edition on order i might do the same with taking twice as long to arrive its a bit of a worry. If its august lol then i can think over it more being that they are no longer in stock.

Has anyone started shipping?
Or is it really sent on August 6th?
Predictably, they also weren't able to meet this deadline
August hasn't been mentioned by Zavvi as a release date

Will have to chase them again and see what new rubbish they've concocted

Really getting ridiculous now, almost 4 months delay for Maleficent and 2 and a half for Frozen

Predictably, they also weren't able to meet this deadline
August hasn't been mentioned by Zavvi as a release date

Will have to chase them again and see what new rubbish they've concocted

Really getting ridiculous now, almost 4 months delay for Maleficent and 2 and a half for Frozen
I really don't understand why it takes so long to make a slip case.

Do we know if this is one of the ones that are going back in stock for RC members? This is the only one I missed out on
I would imagine it will come back in as, if I remember correctly, both Maleficent and Frozen CEs "sold out" at around the same time which means they probably pulled the Pre-ordered option as they realised there'd be a problem with the supplier

Once it's rectified I bet they'll be back

Reactions: Coolsambob
I’m a bit more worried about the packaging when it eventually gets released. After the Jaws fiasco who knows what they will arrive in. My main concern again is that it arrives all bashed like Jaws did and there are no replacements available.

I’ve emailed Zavvi.es again to ascertain whether my email with the date 06/08/20 was correct but worryingly my account now has December as estimated dispatch

C8300CD9-3CE2-4135-B1A9-DC26CBE4085C.png

Ah, yeah... MME too! Typical that I finally decide to stop pre-ordering Di$ney steels because they rarely sold out, and then two go OOS one after the other. :facepalm:

Although having just ordered the SM Life Edition, I’m wondering if this is a movie I want to double dip on.

That’s IF it becomes available again.

Reactions: Noodles
Jeez Zavvi, just go ahead and cancel these 3 releases (F2, MMOE and SWTROS). What a cluster truck!