Frozen II (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 7, 2019
Release date: February 25, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

3bk01o1ksgz31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
US version looks great. Now watch the U.K. one turn out with either no debossing or debossing and spot glossing on Elsa lol.

Reactions: tommyh84
I can’t speak for every store, but this looks to be a fairly limited release. There were only ~6 copies in the store I bought mine and the store that I went to get Knives Out had no copies. Could have gotten Knives out at my normal store, but online it said they were sold out, so I went to 2 different stores.

Went to my BB for instore pick up. First I checked the floor. there were 4 at the front display and 2 more in the steelbook section. BB shows none in 250 miles. maybe the database gets updated after the stores do their next inventory check?

Went to my BB for instore pick up. First I checked the floor. there were 4 at the front display and 2 more in the steelbook section. BB shows none in 250 miles. maybe the database gets updated after the stores do their next inventory check?

They typically lock everything down for a few days and if they have enough copies left, they'll make it active again on the website.

Remember at this stage, from what I've experienced, is that copies get picked from, and shipped from a store to you at home - they no longer ship out of the warehouse after that point.

It's becoming less likely these days that you will be able to find a steelbook available for purchase on release day at a Best Buy store in the U.S. That even includes new Disney titles. Maleficent 2 and Frozen 2 are the latest.

While not a Disney title, a lot of people have missed out on Knives Out as well.

Pre-ordering as early as possible for home delivery or in store pick up is almost necessary now.

It's becoming less likely these days that you will be able to find a steelbook available for purchase on release day at a Best Buy store in the U.S. That even includes new Disney titles. Maleficent 2 and Frozen 2 are the latest.

While not a Disney title, a lot of people have missed out on Knives Out as well.

Pre-ordering as early as possible for home delivery or in store pick up is almost necessary now.
Stores had all of those on day 1 around here. In fact, aside from the Black panther reissue (which arrived late), I can’t think of a Steelbook that wasn’t in stores the day of release.

I think what’s happening is BBY has learned that they can’t sell 50 copies from every store. The count on Toy Story and all the recent 4k releases from Disney/.Marvel were insane. They’vehad some as low as 10 bucks and stores still have a million copies left.

Stores had all of those on day 1 around here. In fact, aside from the Black panther reissue (which arrived late), I can’t think of a Steelbook that wasn’t in stores the day of release.

I think what’s happening is BBY has learned that they can’t sell 50 copies from every store. The count on Toy Story and all the recent 4k releases from Disney/.Marvel were insane. They’ve had some as low as 10 bucks and stores still have a million copies left.

True. I should have been more specific. What has happened with those 3 titles that I mentioned is that each store has only had a few copies and I have been reading how some people in the U.S. have not been able to find a copy even on release day after a couple of hours because they have already sold out. Unlike the days when you could walk in on any day and get a new Disney title.

Gotta think there are still a bunch of these kicking around and the "rarity" is more of Best Buy's new policy of restocking the title later

(Perhaps to drive demand, for those interested in "scarcity" of a title?)

Reactions: howarmat