Frozen II (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: April 3, 2020
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova - WeET (Pre-order on March 20 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $39.99 (Kimchi) - $41.99 (Nova) - $40.99 (WeET)
Note: Includes OST

74239306_2779058632163977_5039143798202957824_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so excited to watch this in 3D after watching Part 1 just the night before and was very happy with the quaility of the 3D image. So I ripped open the package to reach for the disc only to then realise I had forgotten this package has no 3D! What a bummer. :bored:

Yes same here got the Blufans Fanatic and since it was a disc less edition I grabbed the 3D amaray from the UK and slipped in the empty steelbook :thumbs:

it was a nice 3D watch :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Steel
Is the UK 3D quality good? What's the bit rate like? I will have no choice but to get it too.

It's actually ridiculous to make us pay premium price for package without 3D disc. I bought the Korean edition because I liked the slipcover and I needed it to go with my Frozen Kimchidvd edition. And now have to spend another $17 just to get the 3D disc.

It's sad that many don't realise how much more enjoyable many movies are in 3D because they never got DLP projector that does 3D beautifully.

Yes it's a nice package and the quality of the slipcover and cards is good. Unfortunately there's no 3D disc and that's a big negative.

Reactions: yeslek
Yes it's a nice package and the quality of the slipcover and cards is good. Unfortunately there's no 3D disc and that's a big negative.
3d is the only reason for me to buy steels anymore usually (with some series / collection exceptions)
I have thisbon Disney plus in 2d so why would I pay £60 if am not getting the 3d version too?

Still don't have Ralph Break the Internet for lack of 3d reason.

3d is the only reason for me to buy steels anymore usually (with some series / collection exceptions)
I have thisbon Disney plus in 2d so why would I pay £60 if am not getting the 3d version too?

Still don't have Ralph Break the Internet for lack of 3d reason.
A 3D BD of Ralph Breaks The Internet was only released in Japan for whatever strange reason.......

And that, kids, is why Disney will kill physical media.
That's fine. My money saved. :D

No 3D disc, no purchase. Will not watch any movie release knowing if there's a better version around. It's easy to do that. There are plenty of better movies to watch.

The thing is, the 3D is actually quite good in Frozen 2 (that scene where Elsa freezes all the snowflakes was so cool!)

But everyone is just so quick to dismiss it.

I love 3D

That's fine. My money saved. :D

No 3D disc, no purchase. Will not watch any movie release knowing if there's a better version around. It's easy to do that. There are plenty of better movies to watch.

I'm not talking about any particular movie. "Better version" is subjective, but it certainly is not found on a streaming platform when there's a disc around.

I'm not talking about any particular movie. "Better version" is subjective, but it certainly is not found on a streaming platform when there's a disc around.
Yes, I understand what you mean. :) I'm just saying for myself. To me, a 3D version is the better version if there's one. So I will not buy the 2D or 4K, nor streaming or any version of it. Will just not watch it. :D

Reactions: DMD4k
The thing is, the 3D is actually quite good in Frozen 2 (that scene where Elsa freezes all the snowflakes was so cool!)

But everyone is just so quick to dismiss it.

I love 3D
I love 3D too and will never dismiss it. But increasingly I find it has to go with the movie. The movie has to be good, or the 3D enhances an average movie. If the movie is bad, then the 3D is soon forgotten with the movie too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
What's the actual reason SM Life dropped the 3D? Was it they couldn't get the rights or they didn't want pay for it? It's strange because the European countries have the 3D. I bought a copy from UK.

What's the actual reason SM Life dropped the 3D? Was it they couldn't get the rights or they didn't want pay for it? It's strange because the European countries have the 3D. I bought a copy from UK.
It's not the retailers..

I think Disney just stopped manufacturing /distributing them in Asia. And also the U.S.

Probably because Disney is starting to drop physical media in S. Korea too. They're starting with 3D but the rest are coming too. They need to make D+ a success, and there's plenty of people that will help them.

Probably because Disney is starting to drop physical media in S. Korea too. They're starting with 3D but the rest are coming too. They need to make D+ a success, and there's plenty of people that will help them.
Well, this is it. Unfortunately there are way many more people who prefer streaming to to physical media.

And there would be no real manufacturing costs involved for Disney for streaming. So it's a no brainer for them.....

Reactions: DMD4k