paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 21, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12668934-1584790381492367.jpg

12668934-2334790381637957.jpg 12668934-4424790381715960.jpg

Last edited:
This Ultimate Collector’s Set Includes:

• Full Metal Jacket 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Feature Films
  • 32-page Booklet
  • Letter from Stanley Kubrick
  • 4 Character Art Cards
  • Replica Theatrical Poster
  • Exclusive film artwork
12668934-1584790381492367.jpg 12668934-2334790381637957.jpg 12668934-4424790381715960.jpg

Mhh I am gonna buy this but its a shame that the slip artwork is the same as the amary artwork. The Shining ediion had different artworks for those and they are obviously trying to introduce a theme here with the artworks, with plain white and silluettes filled with artwork

Reactions: Strangerbyday
Mhh I am gonna buy this but its a shame that the slip artwork is the same as the amary artwork. The Shining ediion had different artworks for those and they are obviously trying to introduce a theme here with the artworks, with plain white and silluettes filled with artwork
Agree. I really like the artwork but would look better if they didn't repeat it on the slip and amaray. This would actually look quite good with the new steelbook, too bad there's no option for that. Would be quite expensive to buy both.

Mhh I am gonna buy this but its a shame that the slip artwork is the same as the amary artwork.

As with The Shining, The Thing (Arrow), and RoboCop (Arrow), I plan to replace the amaray with steelbook, then sell amaray. They fit perfectly. You get something like premium editions that way. :)

Now that we have these two 4K Kubricks as collector's editions, they should definitely go back and do AN SPASE ODDESY! :D

EDIT: Is that the same booklet as the old digibook? Anybody? I certainly hope it would be, since I never got around to buy digibook.

Last edited:
As with The Shining, The Thing (Arrow), and RoboCop (Arrow), I plan to replace the amaray with steelbook, then sell amaray. They fit perfectly. You get something like premium editions that way. :)

Now that we have these two 4K Kubricks as collector's editions, they should definitely go back and do AN SPASE ODDESY! :D

Clockwork Orange 4K has already been anounced for 2021. Hopefully they'll do all of them since Spartacus has had a 4K release as well, although its not the same studio so it doesn't fit this particular artwork pattern. I am praying for Eyes Wide Shut, since it's my favourite movie and it doesn't have any sort of premium release which boggles my mind.

I'd much rather they keep the slip artwork but change the amaray artwork to the same one used on the standard 4K release.
Stuck an order in on Amazon either way.

Love the slip on this, why couldn't the steel come with this one :wow:

Because they want people to buy both. Usually the steel would get worse art but people are more inclined to buy it anyways
Great film but don’t think I’ll be picking up multiples of it, especially just for the sake of a different slip.

This turned out a lot nicer than the steelbook slip IMO and the card looks thicker too... why can't they put the same amount of effort in for both?!

Reactions: djjez83