snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Full Metal Jacket
Price: £14.99 Live
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Image and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

10869386-1383319627-867614.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867618.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867605.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered this Zavvi SB.

I also have the Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook, the UK BR, The NL DVD,
and now I only need to have the German Steelbook .... to complete it (as far as
I want the collection, that is) ;)

That inside artwork layout is boneheaded - split right through the face!

I like the Canadian steel better since it's closer to the original poster. What we really need is glossy white, not matte black.

With that said I'll probably still get it since it's embossed. Unless the transfer turns out to be poor.

This, alongside The Shining and A Clockwork Orange, would look incredible. This is what I am saving up for! :)

I'm not sure I'd call any of them incredible, but I can see why people like the symmetry between the set.

A raised (embossed?) border like the one found on the Halloween steel might have improved things as that is a similar black style with a simple image. Without that border Halloween would have looked really bland.

Come to think of it identikit waves like this always end up looking bad, the whitewashed Warner Bros wave comprises of the worst looking steels in my collection. The fact they all look equally bad doesn't seem to help matters much.

Reactions: andef003
I hope this steelbook have the same lack finish as the german DVD steelbook.
The helmet have a very strong metallic effect, with golden, brownish metallic and greenish metallic effects.

And the background was not black, it was a very very dark greene and have a light metallic effekt.

I hope not so long, I like this artwork and a embessed helmet is a killer .

But i would be great if Warner changes there metalic effeckt. Not the shadows and contrasts must have the shiny effeckt, because this looks dull and stange.

I love that scene when Joker does his John Wayne impression and the drill sergeant gets a little perturbed, the replay value on that scene alone is fantastic.

For me, that's easily one of the best/most memorable scenes in cinema history.

Very sleek/tidy looking steelbook by the way. I'm probably one of a few who actually likes these old designs... I think they suit steelbooks perfectly!