Mondo Funko guts Mondo

Nov 5, 2018
  • Wow
Reactions: apsmith21
So so sad about this.

Most of my collectible money has been going to posters, which I split between Mondo and Bottleneck.

There was room enough for both in that space, IMO and now the collectors will suffer.

And also, there goes the Mondo x Steelbook line

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I went back and looked, I have only a single poster on order from Mondo and that's the Dune x Rory Kurtz print from last year. Would still want the print over a refund but ugh.

Just ugh.

Reactions: digitalbabe_LV426
That's what you get for selling your cool little company to a gigantic soulless enterprise making moronic collectible figures (I wouldn't even call them toys) for idiots.

Reactions: astycorax
I went back and looked, I have only a single poster on order from Mondo and that's the Dune x Rory Kurtz print from last year. Would still want the print over a refund but ugh.

Just ugh.

I'm sure they will finish up the posters they sold and get them in collectors hands. I hope so anyway. I have the Batman Francavilla and the Burton Trip to the Moon and I hope they get fulfilled

Reactions: apsmith21
I'm sure they will finish up the posters they sold and get them in collectors hands. I hope so anyway. I have the Batman Francavilla and the Burton Trip to the Moon and I hope they get fulfilled

Just read they might get Attack Peter to finish them up.

Geez they just did that timed spidey edition from Matt Taylor like a week ago!

That's what you get for selling your cool little company to a gigantic soulless enterprise making moronic collectible figures (I wouldn't even call them toys) for idiots.

I’m sure that was completely Tim League’s call to sell

Confused. I thought they laid off the founders of Mondo….is someone else going to take over the “Mondo” arm?

Attachments

• 13434AAC-3D3F-41E3-8550-D23E48BDBDD7.jpeg
    13434AAC-3D3F-41E3-8550-D23E48BDBDD7.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 34
Confused. I thought they laid off the founders of Mondo….is someone else going to take over the “Mondo” arm?
That statement is trash. They gutted most of the creative poster team, alienated tons of artists, and have the gall to call the collectors flippers. Mondo's will be sold at end caps at Targets and Spencer gifts and then end up in landfills

I think Attack Peter actually seems to have gotten a role at Mondo. Some people are dunking on him but he actually seems like a nice guy.

Reactions: digitalbabe_LV426