Future Shop Dedicated SteelBook page

I love this dedicated SteelBooks page on FutureShop.ca. My wish would be for someone at Future Shop to correct some of the product listings in the catalog. For example, From Dusk Till Dawn does not have "SteelBook" in the title so it does not show up when searching for SteelBooks. I can find it when I search "From Dusk Till Dawn" as the search results page shows a thumbnail image of the correct cover. Or if you happen to know the WebID M2192286. But then clicking on it to see the product page where you can order it, there is no cover image displayed. I bet there are other SteelBooks available to order but I can't tell which ones they are. I hope the listings get cleaned up so it's clear which items are SteelBooks.

Thanks for the info! We have hundreds of thousands of Web ids so if you see more products without the title please let us know. I'm working on fixing as many as possible.

Thank you !

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nexor
Could be nice to see a list of FutureShop SteelBook Exclusive Releases. Anyone here has an idea where to find a list of Exclusive SteelBook Titles from FutureShop? I noticed that some titles are the same as BestBuy releases but not all of them... Thanks!

Could be nice to see a list of FutureShop SteelBook Exclusive Releases. Anyone here has an idea where to find a list of Exclusive SteelBook Titles from FutureShop? I noticed that some titles are the same as BestBuy releases but not all of them... Thanks!
We've got a list of all Future Shop Exclusive... but you need to remember that the word exclusive means for Canada only... Some of these are shared run with Best Buy.
Future Shop Exclusive SteelBooks™ List

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time FS stepped it up and started taking Steelbooks seriously again. FS used to be the market leader when it came to exclusive Steelbooks, but other retailers have overtaken them in the last couple of years. Hopefully we'll see them offer a bit more competition in the coming months.

Well they have failed drastically with one of the biggest releases of 2014! Spiderman 2 steel is beyond a joke and needs scrapped and started again.

When a regular stamp for a single enveloppe is 0.99$, I think this would be hard to do for a package...

Shipping inside Canada is also insane... From Montreal to Vancouver: 12-13$... Just crazy...

Yet it's only $2 to ship from Vancouver to UK...

Sigh canada post

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Well they have failed drastically with one of the biggest releases of 2014! Spiderman 2 steel is beyond a joke and needs scrapped and started again.

Well lets be clear. The Studio says "Here's the SteelBook, take it or leave it"

Better to have something than nothing

Reactions: psychoscot
Yet it's only $2 to ship from Vancouver to UK...

Sigh canada post

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Well lets be clear. The Studio says "Here's the SteelBook, take it or leave it"

Better to have something than nothing

Yes I imagine dealing with Sony isn't fun, but I have to disagree and say the answer should be none. Granted a selfish opinion, but I like many collect steelbooks as a premium collectable primarily for the art. Being exclusive is nice and there are those that collect for the rarity value myself included, but the art is the main reason. Just selling because it's a steelbook is what will kill this hobby for many. We have standard amarays for that purpose.

I would really like to see Futureshop operate more like some of the Asian retailers and fight hard for very exclusive products with exceptional FS only art, they sometimes withdraw products because what's been offered is substandard, and I would like to see more retailers do this practise. You have released some stunning ones so far, but it sounds more by blind luck than hard discussions with the studios. I want FS to become one of THE steelbook sellers, not the Canadian Zavvi. :)

Reactions: Thelite13
Yes I imagine dealing with Sony isn't fun, but I have to disagree and say the answer should be none. Granted a selfish opinion, but I like many collect steelbooks as a premium collectable primarily for the art. Being exclusive is nice and there are those that collect for the rarity value myself included, but the art is the main reason. Just selling because it's a steelbook is what will kill this hobby for many. We have standard amarays for that purpose.

I would really like to see Futureshop operate more like some of the Asian retailers and fight hard for very exclusive products with exceptional FS only art, they sometimes withdraw products because what's been offered is substandard, and I would like to see more retailers do this practise. You have released some stunning ones so far, but it sounds more by blind luck than hard discussions with the studios. I want FS to become one of THE steelbook sellers, not the Canadian Zavvi. :)

Totally on board with that. We are fighting hard for some true exclusives. Keep an eye out over the next month or two for some WEAs coming from and designed by us

Is it possible to include TV SteelBooks on the dedicated SteelBooks page?

2hmfukl.jpg

Reactions: zerox39
Any chance of FS doing a steel or jumbo steel for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 1? Pretty please with cherriess on top? I'll love you forever :drool: