Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 527
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
Afterwards I thought maybe it's shot for newer 4K TV's? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure GOT isn't available in any 4K capacity.

Yet.

Maybe they are planning a 4K complete box set when it's all over....?

No I didn't. It's perfect for everything else.... :angel:
Afterwards I thought maybe it's shot for newer 4K TV's? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure GOT isn't available in any 4K capacity.

Yet.

I watched it on my 4K curve screen and had no problems, but my buddy was complaining about the darkness and it seems like a lot of others are, too. I feel bad that you had trouble watching it because it was truly epic.

I think a 4K set is planned for down the road. As for now, I'm pretty sure only Season 1 is available in 4K.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Where to go? Well, there's an evil b*tch hanging out at King's Landing that still needs to be visited by the Targaryens and Starks. :naughty:

Haha, I more so meant how would they top that? (episode wise)

One thing I don't get is why doesn't Dany just fly her Dragon into Kings Landing, straight to the very top where Cersei is. Dracarys. BBQ. Done. Nobody else hurt. Problem solved. Game over. lol

• Haha
Reactions: tridon
Apart from the 'poor visibility' issue, I was still disappointed in this episide. In fact I found it extremely anti-climatic. (although I know its not over yet)

8 years build up to this? How did Arya get passed all the white walkers at the end? SERIOUSLY?

It was by no means the best episode. It wasn't even the best battle. Battle Of The Bastards was far better IMO......

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Leafs17
Apart from the 'poor visibility' issue, I was still disappointed in this episide. In fact I found it extremely anti-climatic. (although I know its not over yet)

8 years build up to this? How did Arya get passed all the white walkers at the end? SERIOUSLY?

It was by no means the best episode. It wasn't even the best battle. Battle Of The Bastards was far better IMO......

she literally trained her entire life to be a quiet and invisible assassin and now some ppl wonder how she could get past some supercocky dudes who were marching in to supposedly easy victory during a super noisy war with sights concealed by a massive snowstorm...

images

episode was super exciting and they really had me thinking westeros was ****** right before arya saved the day... great episode!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
she literally trained her entire life to be a quiet and invisible assassin and now some ppl wonder how she could get past some supercocky dudes who were marching in to supposedly easy victory during a super noisy war with sights concealed by a massive snowstorm...

images
Yet she couldn't get passed the guys inside the castle.....? :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
Bran is pretty frickin useless so far too.

Thought we'd get the opportunity to see him take over a dragon or something. But no, just sits there in a daze.

'I must go now'...... I'll be back when it all blows over!!! :p
Haha yeah, same thought went through my mind... dude is just sat over there chillin' next to his favourite tree. I'm expecting him to jump up saying "GOT YA!" in the final episode. :LOL:

• Haha

images

episode was super exciting and they really had me thinking westeros was ****** right before arya saved the day... great episode!
Also, when she finally reunited with Jon in the first episode of this season, he asked how she snuck up behind him without him knowing or something along those lines, which is what initially reminded me that she could sneak around.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror

Yet.

I watched it on my 4K curve screen and had no problems, but my buddy was complaining about the darkness and it seems like a lot of others are, too. I feel bad that you had trouble watching it because it was truly epic.

I think a 4K set is planned for down the road. As for now, I'm pretty sure only Season 1 is available in 4K.
I watched it on my PC monitor, which is nothing special and definitely not 4K lol. Although it was a very dark episode, I had no major issues following it or recognising who was who *shrug*

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I hope there's more to come from this season because Battle of the Bastards beater that was not, but then who knows if you could actually tell what was happening it might be another story

In fact the darkness is just one of the problems, the static effect on Sky's coverage just made it worse (not sure what it was like for those watching in the states?)

EDIT: I'm almost positive the Blu-ray will look a lot better and I'd imagine the show in 4K will look even better still but just so damn annoying the episode was 'ruined' the first time around with the technical difficulties:(

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17

Yet.

You could definitely be onto something there, for comparison I've just stuck it on my iPad and whereas I was having problems 5 minutes into the show on my 65" 4K OLED TV on my crappy 9.7" iPad it looks better. So there you go moral of the story don't watch it on your 4K TV's that cost thousands of pounds watch it on something that cost a couple of hundred pounds instead :p

Last edited: